Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Can you see...

Horses in my handicapping that do not qualify are my “X” horses and was playing GP today. And spotted 9 horses in between races 7 through 11. Here were the results

R7: 2,7,9 2 WON $11.60
R8: 1,6 1 WON $133.80
R9: 5 5th
R10: 2,3 8th and 4th
R11: 12 12 WON 50.00

Can someone tell something between these horses? Thanks to all who reply.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
CheckMark
Conley

Ok so I went over these bombs and here is what I found:

ALL Up in class
ALL racing recently
2/3 same distance
2/3 same track
2/3 good form
1/3 improving figures
1/3 bullet
1/3 same weight
2/3 Bad comment lines
Either a E/P or E
Quiet speed points 8+

Anyone else can help out if wanting. Thanks
Old 12-26-2018, 11:33 PM   #3
oswaldrha
AlwNW2X

Hi CheckMark,
1. Are they all moving up in class off losses/poor performances?
2. Are they all racing at quirky distances the public usually has trouble with (5f, 5.5f, 7.5f, marathon distances)?
3. Do they all have lousy/cold trainers and or jockeys?
4. I don't know if this is true or just an old wives' tale, but several folks used to think it was better to go for longer priced horse later on the race card. They theorized the public would get greedy at the start of the card and overbet the longer priced horses. As the card went on and they lost their money, the public would then overbet the favorites/lower priced horse in the last couple of races to try and catch up. I don't have any proof/stats to back this up.
5. Did you mean Quirin speed points? Or is this another rating I'm not familiar with?
oswaldrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswaldrha View Post
Hi CheckMark,
1. Are they all moving up in class off losses/poor performances?
2. Are they all racing at quirky distances the public usually has trouble with (5f, 5.5f, 7.5f, marathon distances)?
3. Do they all have lousy/cold trainers and or jockeys?
4. I don't know if this is true or just an old wives' tale, but several folks used to think it was better to go for longer priced horse later on the race card. They theorized the public would get greedy at the start of the card and overbet the longer priced horses. As the card went on and they lost their money, the public would then overbet the favorites/lower priced horse in the last couple of races to try and catch up. I don't have any proof/stats to back this up.
5. Did you mean Quirin speed points? Or is this another rating I'm not familiar with?
Forgot to look at the trainer and jockey standings and w%. And yes those are Quirin speed points. Thanks
Old 12-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello CheckMark;

I took a look at this and here is my summation : you are weak in the Sartin area of % Med, pace line selection, readouts and as others have commented previously you're all over the page in that you don't stay with one method long enough to learn it. Even today a new post on yet another system etc. At this rate you won't even make a good handyman. Experts master one discipline then branch out to further their knowledge, not in search of a magic bullet or black box technique.

While I didn't play GP yesterday I wish I had as the 8th race was a give me and paid $133.80. For me it came up 2nd on BLBL & V/DC. My two bets would have been the 8 & 1.On the # 1 I used Line 7, it was the second line under Sartin guidelines of best of the last 3 at a comparable distance and surface and best Preceptor of those Sartin guidelines.

The public simply made a mistake with this horses odds and the stable probably isn't a betting one. These are the races we live for. Overlays happen everyday at tracks through not as dramatic as this one, many $9 and $15 are overlays for their ability and the match up of the horses within a race.

Don't be a Jack of all trades and a master of none. Except the 8 & 1 in this race all others were too early or too slow.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
tom
Grade 1

I would suggest you bet the favorite in every race.
You will get lots of winners and only lose around 18%. Probably better than you will do with ANY system you buy. If you are not willing to do all the work, don't do any of it. You will never be a half of a winner.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
mowens33
Grade 1

Checkmark, I remember your first post and I think the first thing I said that RDSS is not a magic box, that it takes time.
I also mentioned that there many excellent handicappers here at pace in cap that are more than willing to help you with the RDSS process. But looking at your post it looks like your still in search of that magic solution that does not exist!
I will say it again that without knowing the fundamentals of handicapping you will be behind the 8 ball.
This is not an easy game we play and If you keep looking for that holy grail you are destined to fail.
Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
darmar
Grade 1

Take this to Heart

Conley At the risk of beating up on a dead horse let me say this. Unfortunately
you came upon our forum and Ted's wonderful program way too early in your handicapping journey. It appears to me that you are using our tools and insightful comments and slotting them in their own folder and moving on to the next best thing!!! It is my belief that at your age your "horse player" intellect will not allow you to realize that there is no "magic bullet" system or program that will satisfy you.
What you need to know is that there are many of us who have been using Doc Sartin's teachings since the late 80's and 90's who know that you are mistreating his life's work and I for one am not happy about it!!!! When you have many databases that prove you have viable factors that are so much better than what you have with RDSS then maybe you will not require our assistance but until then keep records of your selections ranked factors and then you will see where we might be able help you if you are willing to take it.
Darryl
darmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
Lt1
Grade 1

Well put Darryl and Mike. As Darryl correctly points out many of us went to the University Of Hard Knocks. Even when we started with the Doc there were many trying days. Those of us who survived have been rewarded and are more then happy to try and help if we can. Conley you are being presented a wonderful opportunity at a very young age. If you take a step back and examine the big picture you will see that what you are doing now with your scatter gun approach will doom you to failure. The key to success is right in front of you if you are willing to embrace it and do some work. There are no free lunches in this game. Wishing you the best in all your pursuits.
Tim
Old 12-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #10
CheckMark
Conley

Very well put everyone. Thank you for your help again.