Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 06-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
For The Lead
Grade 1

The Belmont

It is late Thursday night with the Belmont Stakes less than 2 days away and not one post about this upcoming race. What is everybody doing, waiting for somebody to post “the winner”? Nobody has an opinion?

Ok, NEHRO. So I guess a lot of people like this horses chances because he closes. And after all, the race is a mile and a half. Anybody stop to think that the only horses he has beaten to this point in his life are maidens? I don’t care if he finished close in Grade I races, until he beats “some field” he is nothing more than a horse that is eligible for “NW2L”.

Readers here should go back some years and see how many wins horses had who have previously won this race. (please, don’t tell me about one horse, if it exists) Their maiden wins were so far back in their rearview mirror they could no longer see it. It’s a real tragedy that horses this bad are competing for this big prize. It just shows the sorry state of horse racing.

OK, who’s next, Animal Kingdom? Another closer going a mile and half? Got to like this horse, right? Already won the Derby and finished second in the Preakness? After watching this horse in the Preakness, the added distance of the Belmont sure looks good, doesn’t it?

Next up, Shackleford. He was the pace setter in the Derby. Forget all that stuff about slow times and the horse couldn’t get the distance. It means nothing. He went wire to wire in the Preakness in faster times. Of course most people will say he only won because the distance was shorter. Sure was. A whole sixteenth of a mile, WOW! So a mile and a half has to be too far for this horse. What do you think?

So there you are, no selections, just a little chatter about a couple of the horses in the race.

What can you add to the discussion?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
rmath
Grade 1

Belmont

FTL, I ran the race using New Pace manual version and got E 12 & 10,
L 1 & 9, that is if my figures are right.
But I got completely different horses using best of last 3 comparable in RDSS.
My top 4 were 4,2, 6&8 on Vdc. Looking at this race it appears to be a wide open affair. Will be looking forward to seeing a post from someone using RDSS2.
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

FTL....what is there to really talk about other than the Triple Crown has turned into a joke...

I have gotten into horseracing just after Affirmed. So for the past 33 years I've been hoping to see my first one.
For the better part of those years there were promising up and coming two year old champions ....they gave all of us a chance but failed in the final leg.
Now for the past couple of years , what do we have.....maidens winners, allowance and claimers or a one time stakes winner...

This is the only sport where the athletes have gotten weaker than stronger

But every first Saturday in May , my fingers are still crossed!!

mike
Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
For The Lead
Grade 1

a REAL race horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
FTL....what is there to really talk about other than the Triple Crown has turned into a joke...

I have gotten into horseracing just after Affirmed. So for the past 33 years I've been hoping to see my first one.
For the better part of those years there were promising up and coming two year old champions ....they gave all of us a chance but failed in the final leg.
Now for the past couple of years , what do we have.....maidens winners, allowance and claimers or a one time stakes winner...

This is the only sport where the athletes have gotten weaker than stronger

But every first Saturday in May , my fingers are still crossed!!

mike
I hate to digress from the topic of the thread (not really), this years Belmont Stakes discussion, but for those who might enjoy watching a "REAL" race horse in the Belmont Stakes, just click on the link below. I know it is overwhelming visually, but be sure to listen to the "call" of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post

What can you add to the discussion?
Don't quit your day job.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
Don't quit your day job.
Sadly the old saying is true. There is one in every crowd.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Thanks FTL, that race still gives me chills every time I see it. Beautiful.

I put what I thought were representive races into RDSS 2 and it comes out
this way for me. 9-10-12-6-1 on the BL/BL readout.

I am not a great matcher, but I decided to give The Hat's spot play #4 a look
at. Using mile times and adjusting for distance I came up with Prime Cut.

Best of Luck to All tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
Thanks FTL, that race still gives me chills every time I see it. Beautiful.

I put what I thought were representive races into RDSS 2 and it comes out
this way for me. 9-10-12-6-1 on the BL/BL readout.

I am not a great matcher, but I decided to give The Hat's spot play #4 a look
at. Using mile times and adjusting for distance I came up with Prime Cut.

Best of Luck to All tomorrow.
Glad you enjoyed it. I hope others do as well.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
cdax
Grade 1

Haven't look very hard at race yet (that's for tonight and tomorrow morning) but I still got my eye on Mucho at decent odds.

And for a saver, I'll see if I can post a bet in Vegas that he loses another shoe.

Gotta look at Master of Hounds also.

Chris
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdax View Post
Haven't look very hard at race yet (that's for tonight and tomorrow morning) but I still got my eye on Mucho at decent odds.

And for a saver, I'll see if I can post a bet in Vegas that he loses another shoe.

Gotta look at Master of Hounds also.

Chris
lol
I look around and see if I can find that ""prop bet" for you.