Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Saturdays Derby DQ.
I am okay with it, the call was made , I will move on 27 81.82%
I am okay with the call but I am turned off and will bet less. 2 6.06%
I am happy for either myself or others that won 2 6.06%
I feel betrayed and sad enough that giving up on racing is an option 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #11
The Pook
Grade 1

Grasping at Straws

Grasping at straws there.

No matter how you look at it, as shown in the video evidence, Maximum Security came out and interfered with War of Will. It doesn’t matter what happened earlier, or what problems War of Wills’ jockey was having.

But they should have left his number up.

Derby’s are often crowded fights with plenty of interference and bumping. There was no inquiry. War of Will’s jockey or trainer did not claim foul because they didn’t want to spoil their friends party. They acknowledged that they could have, but they did not.

There was no stewards inquiry or jockey objection for the infraction that led to taking down Maximum Security’s number. Should have been decided in under a minute. Firm decision, it’s the Derby, the best horse won, let it stand. They screwed up by waffling. And now it enters the legal system. What a joke. Nothing further should happen. The stewards decisions, no matter how bad, have to stand. They make the right call the vast majority of the time.

Tough for Maximum Security’s connections but it is the way it has to be.

Pook.
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

Send a message via MSN to Dap Daddi
I don't post much but in my professional opinion Maximum Security deserved the disqualification. Not only did the horse cause interference by moving three paths out and almost causing a huge spill but he also veered back in and caused Code of Honor to semi steady along the rail. This years crop of Three year old's is not as good as last years group. It will be another 5 or more years before there is another Triple Crown horse. Again this is just my opinion.
Dap Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote