Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Wondering who is still around?

Hello everyone:

I just signed up for another season of racing and wanted to say hi and see who is still around. I see the Pick 4 contest thread seems to have had some recent activity, that is a good sign.

I would love to set aside a time to have a conversation, probably by Cell Phone, if ya dont mind, to catch up and see what is new in RDSS2 since I left awhile ago. I know Ted said he would give me some time, is there anyone else who might want to fill me in on the little things I may have forgotten about RDSS2, if so please message me.

I can not wait to get back into the swing of things, and I recently bought into part ownership into a race horse in the DAS Stable, Hy Land Warrior, hope he does well, he is currently running Turf races in Gulfstream.

Well thanks Ted for letting me back into the fray, I missed it terribly, but sometimes a break is needed.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Wow , 178 views, but no responses, wondering if when I took a Hiatus , did I leave on a bad note, were you all glad be rid of me, not one hello old friend, nothing, when I am asking for friendly help to get my self back up to speed here with RDSS2.

This is what this forum is for , correct? Now of course Ted has made himself available to me for some quick reminders for me, as he always does, and I am thankful, and it looks like I may have to take him up on it, I kinda went thru the videos again, but not sure which ones were best, but Ted will fill me in on the right ones, for sure. A very busy guy but always has time for you too, thanks Sir.

Forgive me if I come off as demanding, I am only trying to get a little help here and there, and use the forum for that help, well enjoy your day, all.

Patrick
Old 01-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
mowens33
Grade 1

Patrick, not an old friend, but welcome back!

Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
MIKE
Grade 1

Patrick

--what have you been up to ??
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #5
lsosa54
Grade 1

Patrick, I think Ted is extremely generous...
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

Welcome back Patrick. Would be happy to exchange ideas and info.
Tim
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Welcome back, Patrick! It sounds like your health has returned to a stable place and you are back on the road in your rig. As you mentioned, I am available to go over the existing RDSS with you by a remote connection tutorial. You paid good money to get back in action with RDSS, and thank you for that!

May I suggest you pick a race you are working on, or worked recently, and put up some readouts with a specific question as to approach. Try using the 'Races of Interest ' Forum. This may stimulate discussion by others and pointers about how folks use the tools.

And - we are both interested in the PaceAdvantage Aqueduct weekend Pick4 Contest - many RDSS players there are doing quite nicely. If you play that, use the opportunity to post an interesting race here at P&C for discussion.

Good luck in your return to handicapping, and safe travels!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thanks all

I just needed a break from the Handicapping aspect of it, and have kinda took a little journey into partnerships, I have a horse with DAS , Hy Land Warrior.

Been Unable to get my Skype issues fixed, but would love to chat via cellphone, I know it is kinda old school, but then thats me to a T.

I am looking at possibly getting an newer Tablet or Laptop, any suggestions, under 1500 if possible , but min screen resolution 1920x1080. Tough enough for my truck.

PM me for my cell phone number, till I get Skype fixed, may need a new computer for that, it looks that way.

Patrick
Old 01-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Patrick, I gave you some opinions about computers from the alternatives you emailed me about. Feel free to share those, and my opinions if you like. Let us know what you chose, finally!

FWIW:

1. Win10
2. Screen resolution capable of 1920 x 1080 (i.e. HD quality), though, you need at least a 14" screen to see the RDSS 3 panel layout without going blind (or be under 30 years old ...)
3. Intel i5 or i7 chip for good speed and min 4 Gb memory (8 Gb is a nice sweet spot)
4. RDSS needs very little disk space (say, 2 Gb for the life of the computer) so any disk storage you get will be for whatever else you want to do with it

I LOVE the Microsoft Surface 4 tablet, but getting the i5 or i7 processor and 8Gb memory and 256 Gb memory puts you over the $1500 mark (at least in Canada, but our dollar is heading south faster than the 'snow-birds' are these days ).

You suggested a 15.6 inch screen HD laptop with enough storage for the Library of Congress, for < $1000 so that sounds like 'such a deal' to me! Again, let us know - better: show us some screenshots of some races you're working, when you get things up and running!

Take care,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

OK Ted

I got a laptop, HP Envy 17t , non touch screen, as my hands are greasy and filthy all the time, so to me a touch didn't make sense, yet. Not for a laptop.

Windows 10 Home 64
6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U Dual Core Processor + NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB Discrete Graphics
8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM
17.3" also got 1920x1080

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptop...ptop-m9x66av-1

Hope this will be good enough to play horses with and watch movies and FB too

Thanks Ted

PS: if all goes well , I can see how a Surface 4 works whenever I got to Best Buy, or someplace that has one, and can have that as a backup to play at the track, the idea of touch screen does intrigue me alot, and the Pen ability to write on it , so many possibilities there, so laptop 1st, then maybe Tablet

thanks
Patrick