Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 11-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Early Horses and "Default" Early Horses

Mr. Bradshaw, can you answer some questions?

1) For EARLY horses and "DEFAULT" Early horses: When you say, "This horse DOES NOT LIKE THE LEAD", or "DOES NOT WIN WITH THE LEAD", can you give an example of Running Lines to determine this is true?

2) For EARLY horses and "DEFAULT" Early horses:Energy Distribution: Do these type horses, when they get the lead, run as fast as they canto the wire, or do they run only as fast as necessary to avoid being headed? What examples of running lines will show either or both of these to be true?

3) For EARLY PRESSERS and PRESSERS: What example of Position call and/or beaten lengths/ Fractions MUST these type of horses show that the Early horse WILL/MUST run faster than he wants and get passed ? 2nd by a head? 2nd by 1/2 ? 2nd by a neck ? Thanks VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 11-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
THE HAT
Grade 2

Voodoo

I’m not sure that I can answer your question accurately, because all races are run differently. I would need PP’s to accurately answer your questions.

To win the race it is essential that we recognize how the race is going to run. You must look at the first call in the race and find the horse that is most likely to get out of the gate first and take the lead. Then ask yourself, can the horse go wire-to-wire, or will he forced to run faster too establish the lead in today’s race? If this is true look at the Pressers and determine the horse that is up close, can he take over when the Early horses fail? If the answer is no then and only then look for a sustained horse too win the race. If an Early , or Early Presser can not win the race the race "set" up too run other than Early.

If none of the horses in this race are Early horses. In their past performances, some of the horses have gone for the lead, but their first calls
are extremely slow. This race is classified as a pace-less race,
but someone must take the lead, in a pace-less race look for an Early Presser as the horse most likely to take the lead. Look at the practice race.

The Hat