Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

*Problem Loading Belmont Stks Day Card*

It appears there is a problem loading the BEL0607 TrackMaster data file (i.e. the TMPP file) in all versions of Speculator and Validator (including the file exported from RDSS). RDSS itself works fine.

Message says 'Data width error...' then the program crashes. When you open it up again, complete data does not display.

I'm looking at it to see if anything can be done. I've contacted TrackMaster for any assistance they might be able to render.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The problem is in the 3rd race, horse #5 Seeking No More. Last line on May 17, 19 furlongs, final time given as 4639.5 (or 6 minutes 34 seconds) blows these old DOS apps

I'm trying to see if I can cure the data file. If I get permission to make it available, I'll do so.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-05-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
jms62
Grade 1

19 Furlongs I'm glad you are on top of it Ted... I started to have a panic attack.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's the beginning of its PP: the final time should be 6:34.0 but is shown in the data file as 46:34.0 Val and Spec did not anticipate a race lasting 46 minutes...

Name:  bel3.gif
Views: 627
Size:  27.6 KB

I wrote to TrackMaster, pinpointing the erroneous data, and asked if that file could be regenerated.

Let's see.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, I've talked with Jim and Doug at TrackMaster and it's agreed it was bad data from Equibase (clearly even the last race 6:34 final time is incorrect). They've fed this back to Equibase and are waiting for a new data set and will generate a corrected file ASAP.

I'll post here when I know that an updated file is available.

If anyone can advise SartinAlums, I'm sure those readers will be interested.

Ted

P.S. If anyone wants to give RDSS a go, just write me (ted@artofpace.com)

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-05-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: shameless plug for RDSS...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Tim Y
turf historian

I have informed them.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Equibase and TrackMaster have corrected the bad data in the original BEL 06/07 data files and Speculator and Validator can now open and use the newly posted file.

If you downloaded the file from TrackMaster before about 6:30pm Thursday EST and found it would not open, please download it again and overwrite the previous BEL0607r.exe file on your TRKMAST folder. You must also go into your Spec or Val folder (whatever it happens to be named) and delete the original 3 bad BEL working files, which are: BEL0607H.DBF, BEL0607R.DBF and BEL0607P.DBF.

Then run Val or Spec and open the new, corrected file, let it do its calcualtions, then you're off to the races!

If you create your Val or Spec files by exporting from RDSS, redownload the RDSS file again via the RDSS Data Centre, being sure to remove the check from 'Don't Duplicate Tasks' in the Task section so the file will be re-downloaded and the Val/Spec file will be re-generated.

Thanks to Tim Y for pointing this problem out so early, and to Jim V and Doug H at TrackMaster for responding to promptly to fix this problem for all Sartin software users!

Good luck Saturday!

Ted

R
DSS -