Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

** RDSS2 Beta2.6 Released!

Well, I finally managed to release the next version of RDSS2 - Beta2.6 and it is available for download by existing registered users in the RDSS Users Area:

www.rdss2.com/download-software

- and by new users by going to the public RDSS2 Information page:

www.rdss2.com/how-to-obtain

Here is a link to the new RDSS2 Help and Reference section (still under development), where you can find a synopsis of new and changed features in Beta2.6 as well as Release Notes from previous versions:

www.rdss2.com/help-reference

There are a number of videos for newcomers and existing users, and I'll be adding several more in the next few days to explain some of the new features in Beta2.6. I am just now sending out a general email to all registered RDSS Users, and to those who have (patiently ) been waiting to begin the Evaluation.

Here is a quick Summary of Features:

1. Registration. You will have to refresh your Registration.

2. Tandems. Master list for each race is in the Matchup Tab (between Analysis and Tote Tabs). Tandems for each horse are in a Tandems Tab for the horse.

3. Paceline Selection Strategies. Left- and right-click on the PSS button now do the same thing: open the PSS window. 2 new checkboxes added, plus a Manual PSS option (i.e. does nothing, or deletes any lines chosen).

You can now choose to always apply a PSS when you assemble a race, by checking 'Select pacelines during race assembly'. If checked, when you open the PSS window, the PSS last used is shown as selected and selecting any other choice immediately regenerates the pacelines. If unchecked, clicking on the PSS you wish automatically chooses lines.

You can now choose to prevent a PSS from changing the Contender Status you have manually chosen for any given horse, by checking 'Automatic PSS do not change Contender Status'. If you make a horse a Secondary- or Non-contender then choose a different PSS, the Contender groups will be unchanged.

4. New Database Management button and Window. On the RDSS Desktop and on the Data Centre (Database name section). You can choose any other database file to make the currently used database (files typically in the c:\Rdss\data\ folder OR c:\Rdss2\data\ folders – of type ‘Database’ ending in file extension ‘DB’). This makes it easier to switch between Example Databases and main working databases, and to create new databases for whatever reason you want. Also makes it easy for me to provide one-off databases for folks to download containing a single card of races so everybody can work a ‘race of interest’ we may be currently discussing online. For example, there is a new example_races_2013.04.07.db database and example_races_2013.04.13.db installed on the \Rdss2\Data folder.

You can open a different database in a new single or a separate concurrent RDSS instance.

5. RDSS1 is no longer required. If you move the main database from c:\rdss\data\data.db to c:\rdss2\data\data.db, then make that the working database per #4 above, you can safely uninstall RDSS1 (or continue to use it and share the relocated database). There is no functionality (that I am aware of) in RDSS1 that is now unavailable in RDSS2. (Am I right?). I intend to make RDSS1 unavailable before the end of 2013.

6. Sound. Opening and closing fanfares, which you can control on the Configure Tab.

7. More Cache options. New buttons on the Card Summary screen. Right-click on a race to Re-assemble it.

8. Reworked Exit/Restart/Start Another dialog.

9. I have reworked the Registration process and License info storage, trying to simplify and correct previous bugs which corrupted the License info when no internet was available or if the Windows Firewall prevented RDSS2 access to the internet.

10. Added Help & Reference screen and Button, and a Getting Started orientation for new users (this appears in NEW installs before RDSS is Registered, OR you can open it from the Help Window, and hide it when you no longer need those instructions).

11. Some new Video Tutorials:

RDSS2 Getting Started

RDSS2 Data Centre

More to follow pretty soon, illustrating the new features in Beta2.6, such as the Database Mgmt tool and the new options for auto Paceline Selection.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-18-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Please use the current version Bugs/Problems Thread in the RDSS Users Area to report ... bugs and problems!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote