Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > December Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

December Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

December Daily Update

Dec 1 - 5 Updates

Patrick gets off to a very good start and has earned a over .500 hit rate bonus
Noddub62 trails by just a few dollars

Name:  Dec 1-5 update.PNG
Views: 536
Size:  29.8 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

December 6 Update

Scores

Name:  Dec 6 update.PNG
Views: 539
Size:  28.7 KB
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

December 7 Update

Welcome to the contest
JimG and Mrbill
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Dec 8-9 Update

weekend

Name:  Dec9update.PNG
Views: 514
Size:  32.8 KB
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
noddub62
Budman

Bill,

I believe that I have 4 wins but always check me out.

Name:  ScreenHunter_53 Dec. 10 11.34.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  7.6 KB

Thanks,
Budman
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man

4 wins but

Hello Budman
Your last win was a win but not a hit.
you bet 20/w/p on #4 at RP race 8
the 4 won and paid $6.00 and 2.80 = $88 so you don't get the hit for being greater than $100
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
noddub62
Budman

Bill,

I should have looked at the rules prior to my post. Sorry for wasting your time.

Rules that are in place, we need to abide by them & no problem here but if there is a January contest we need to consider a change in my opinion. My change suggestion would be track odds & no bonus points. Also it doesn't seem fair that we don't count my win but we debit my wager amount because it wasn't profitable and I was only deficit $12.

Anyway just a thought.

Thanks for your teaching for it is good as well as the others. Also for doing the score keeping.

We appreciate you.

Budman
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddub62 View Post
Bill,

I should have looked at the rules prior to my post. Sorry for wasting your time.

Rules that are in place, we need to abide by them & no problem here but if there is a January contest we need to consider a change in my opinion. My change suggestion would be track odds & no bonus points. Also it doesn't seem fair that we don't count my win but we debit my wager amount because it wasn't profitable and I was only deficit $12.

Anyway just a thought.

Thanks for your teaching for it is good as well as the others. Also for doing the score keeping.

We appreciate you.

Budman

Hey Budman, I thought you did not lose 100, only 12.00, because you were credited the 88.00, is this not so?

I see where , since it was not over 100, then it is not a hit, ok, let'd say this was your 1st play then would it not go like this.

2000.00 - 100 wager =1900, yet then you add the 88.00 in profit to make it 1988.00, is this not how we do it?

And do we not only , not get credit for a hit, but are credited with a miss, this is true , right? Now a miss does not mean we must lose 100 does it?

clarifications, or better explanations please. I agree with Budman about future possible changes, just my opinion.

Thanks Guys keep up the good work

patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 12-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

What We Want

The object of the RDSS " Learn To Win" contest has always been
to make your normal bets in a public forum
We try to run the contest as close as possible to what you encounter in real life betting
We have strict rules as to posting those races a full minute before the official off time of the race.
You will get shut out if you get behind a slow poke at the windows,
Your bet will not count on any online betting system if your connection fails
If you bet $100 and your bet returns $88 you have not made a profit but as Patrick says
your bank roll will go down only $12
We are not like most contest were you only win when you win
Here if you lose your bankroll goes down
If you want to impress and say "I had that horse " thats what you will get , but your not making any money or extra credit
not here anyway.

We try to discourage wild "flyer" type betting because the day anybody tells me they truthfully
would bet $100 bets on some of the selections I see in the contest is the day I quit betting
We offer a "hit" to any wager that shows a profit over $100
These hits are part of the scoring because Ted and I want to see profitable betsfrom races were using RDSS and the teachings of The Sartin Methodology
is making each contestant better.

Seeing somebody win a "hat pin longshot" after losing 10 races in a row is not going to make anybody a better handicapper. We offer a Hit bonus because we want people to bet to win races
not contest and fame and glory

Budman made a legit bet in RP race 8 however his bet was 20 w/p on what turned out to be a $6.00 winner and a $2.80 place horse
Just as happens in real betting he fell victim of the late action of the tote board.

These things happen Just like getting shut out behind a slow poke
at the window or losing your connection online
You have to over come these misses
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
noddub62
Budman

Bill,

As I said previously I don't have a problem with the rules, I checked off on them and I am OK with them. I was merely making what I thought was a legit suggestion and still do.

As to taking a flyer, you haven't seen me ever do that. I make my wagers 99% of the time from the morning line odds. My two previous longshots ML was 10 & 12 to one. As to the race I was questioning on the scoresheet, I believe that the ML was 3.5:1 or close to it and I ended up at 2:1. So I'm at risk by playing that way but it often pays off. Would many here bet the 49:1 that I caught? I might not have had I seen the odds just prior to post time.

No complaints with the contest as it currently is. I'll take my shots with the ML and not worry about and I'll try to remember to WAGERCAP! (re other post)

Bud