Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 PM   #371
carl153
AlwNW2X

database error

I created a new database: data21.db
Did a restart and a Login came up.
Supply user ID and password

UserID: dba
password: …
I clicked ok and "a database error has occurred"
database error code -1
database transaction information not available
call set trans or set trans object function
I may have screwed up but I'm at a loss of what to do.

carl
carl153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:07 PM   #372
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Carl, load up RDSS again and make note on the initial 'splash' screen the location of the database file (pause the splash screen to read it by clicking on the RDSS horse Icon).

Most likely, for whatever reason, that database file you thought you created, does not actually exist. Just check for that file, in the folder location pointed to, to see if the file exists. Presuming it does NOT exist, simply make a copy of the database file c:\rdss22\Data\data.db and place it in the folder RDSS is pointing to for the database - then rename it to data21.db. Now that file exists, and when you next load RDSS2.2, there should be no complaints. Then you can Switch to whatever other database file you like.

For example, here is an opening 'splash' screen (on my development computer), with the database file being named '2019.Q1.dual.purpose.db' in the folder C:\RdssDev\data\. Yours will be named differently.

Name:  splash.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  39.3 KB

Let me know if that helps.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:22 AM   #373
carl153
AlwNW2X

database error

Ok, I got it.
Thanks Ted

carl
carl153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:11 PM   #374
Kisha
AlwNW3X

BPP and PL Bug

Hi Ted,

This is similar to the previous bug I posted about the entry screen showing information for a horse with no number or name. There also seems to be a bug that gives BPPs and PLs that are different from what's on TwinSpires.

A revisit gave me the following for contenders in R1 for Turfway.

1 2-2-2-1
2 1-1-X-5
3 2-3-3-4
4 4-3-1-2
6 4-3-X-3

Kisha
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:13 PM   #375
The Pook
Grade 1

The top area for individual entries is always a little too short. I don't see how it can be adjusted or how to get a vertical scroll bar. it is difficult to see wet track info. Is there a configurement setting I am missing? This has only happened with the recent update.

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #376
Ted Craven
Grade 1

What are your Windows screen resolution, and RDSS Magnify settings (Config screen)?

Here's what it looks like at 1920 x 1080 screen resolution and RDSS Magnify = 120%

Name:  horse_hdr.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  49.7 KB

Maybe I can make that area scrollable for those with lower screen resolutions.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:01 PM   #377
The Pook
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

I have it set at 135 mag in config to get the info as big as possible while still seeing the entire width of a line. I noticed just now, that when I reduce it to 120 the full depth of the top panel shows.

Since I only use 1 PP there is a lot of blank vertical area below the 10 lines of PP’s. So while not necessary, it would be convenient to be able to adjust the top panel (pull the bottom of it down so I can see everything while keeping the fonts large for easier viewing below).

These days I am working on the relatively small screen of a MacBook Air in Parallels using Windows 10. A laptop screen isn’t big which is the reason for the 135. The screen is set at the default for a Retina display. Parallels is not yet written for the new Mac M1 chip so I am forced to stick with the Air for now.

Works beautifully except for this one small issue.

Thanks,
Mike
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:44 AM   #378
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

File Does Not Exist

Hi Ted,

Never seen this before.
After I select AQU and today's date, when I click the Display Available Cards button there is a tick for the card.
When I click Perform Selected Tasks it says, Skipped, sorry file does not exist.

I tried it for today and yesterday for AQU and the same happens with today for HAW.

I have checked, all of my payments to Trackmaster are in order.

Just wondering what may be happening? When I did the google site search I couldn't find anything.

Thank you.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:11 AM   #379
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Sorry!!!

The Download PPs was unchecked. I must have accidently clicked on this and removed it.

All present and correct!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #380
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Entries Screen Error 39 Bug

There still seems to be an Entries Screen bug with BPP not matching the Brisnet sheets. There are also lines that have no Horse Name / Number, but CSR, BPP, PL.

Kisha
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote