Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2011
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2011 Annual Get Together in Saratoga NY - August 19 - 21

Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #81
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
I concur. And that's a great photo.

:>)
I too, and I was there with them, what a fantastic time I had, and I must include Barb too as part of the true heart and soul of this group.

God Bless them all and God speed on the journey home

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #82
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi...

It was great day on Saturday to see you guys again...
My wife and I enjoyed seeing Ted, Barb, and Bill along with the others ...
I regret not meeting Richie and Karen on Sunday but with so much to do with so few days up this way we decided to do other things...next time!
By the way the tip sheet and the IPAD on the table was my wifes...
I had a good day with 3 winners and 2 exactas

Look forward to the next time....

Mike and Sylvia

and once again the Queen of P & C was at her best again..nice going and a pleasure to see you again...... Barb
Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #83
cdax
Grade 1

Had a great time Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and picking their brains alittle. I really enjoyed myself and was probably chatting it up too much for my own good, for alas I only had one winner that day (that's okay though, it happens).

But as Chris said, "you notice only our corner of the tent was cheering?". Granted it seemed like it was mostly Dave Schwartz though.
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #84
chris
Grade 1

Saratoga 2011

Great weekend - didn't attend? missed a great time.

My thanks to Ted, our tireless leader who made the arragements and was the hand that brought it together. Though I Believe he did have help pitching the tent.

Had the good fortune of sitting at a table with an interesting mix of people. Paul, "Wagercapper" and I sat together for both days. Understated and effective which often is the case with competant handicappers, that's Paul. And thanks for the articles you wrote for the "Follow-Up" One of the highlights of the magazine. A belated thank you. And Taser (believe that's his name) was with us that Friday. Another capable handicapper with a solid approach who made a very astute observation on a race and then made the bet; it's not enough to know, you have to move into action, most everyone thinks they know, but utill you take the action, it's just talk. And that's what he did; he bet I talked, on a horse we both found using our own approaches. A lesson learned the hard way - usually I move on these opportunities, this time I didn't? The weekend would offer a chance for redemption.

Saturday we hooked up with Cdax (another Chris) and Gaz. Two interesting additions to our table - it's now become "our table" not the table. Both, with their own handicapping credentials; finalists or semi-finalists in a national handicapping contest; either way quite an accomplishent. Gaz and I put our heads together for the final race on Saturday and came up with a pick; he/she/it (NY State breds) was a late stewards scratch, so Gaz went to our second choice - Uncle Billy (top RDSS seletion V/DCR and BL/BL #1) while I put my ticket aside for a refund and closed down for the day. Of course Billy won; he had such a hapless and hopeless record that I couldn't support him. However, today the table was set for Billy. A final word about our table; Cdax didn't chatter to much, his conversations kept me awake during Mdn races; a seventy-two year old man falling asleep over his racing form is not a pretty sight.

The table behind us was the "Craven" table - you know how they stick together. Barbara gives me far to much credit for influencing her Superfectas methods. In fact her example of winning two Superfectas stirred from me from my inertia to go back to the betting machine and bet an exata and superfecta to go with my two win tickets on Saturdays 6th race. The bet came in. Anything over $500.00 to me is a big score, this win qualified. I believe the whole bet cost me $38.00, can't reproduce the winning ticket because, I did the unthinkable - I cashed it in. One of my guiding principles to betting is to bet a little to win lot, and you can do this in the exotic pools. No one will ever confuse me with being one of the whales.

Final thanks to Lou for listening to my ramblings on Saturday. When you engage me you often get more than you asked for.

Regards,

chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #85
wagercapper
Winner

Hi all,
One thing I forgot to mention this weekend when we were together was that as of last month (July), I have now been a Sartin-Methodist for 25 years!!! I should probably make that "Sartin-Methodologist", but as you know, watching your horse cross the finish line at 56-1 (as I did on Derby day), can be quite the religious experience!
Cheers,
Paul (wagercapper)
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #86
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post

Final thanks to Lou for listening to my ramblings on Saturday. When you engage me you often get more than you asked for.
Chris: It was my pleasure! 72 years young, my friend.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #87
barb craven
Grade 1

I'm late here with my roundup. I had another good day despite the rain on Sunday. I won the 1st, 4th and 9th, and another super in the 4th, passing almost everything in between because of the rain and all the visiting with Rich and Karen, Lou, who was so generous with his time, Chris D., who dispite his protestations, was a font of knowledge. I was sorry Mike and Sylvia couldn't come back on the Sunday. They were such a delight, and to celebrate their anniversary with us was icing on the cake. It was good to have the three together...Bill, Rich and Ted.
Another new couple of Canadians that joined us on Sunday were Gord and his lovely wife Evelyn. Ted and I spend some time with them up in the stands taking refuge from yet another storm.
To everyone...Patrick, Paul, Bill, and the rest and especially Charlie and Missy for opening their home to us after the race and providing hospitality whenever we needed it, I say a very big thank you.
This was my third year in Saratoga and every year it gets better and better and the energy and comradeship of our group makes me proud to be a member.
The most kudos, I have to say must go to my son, of whom I am so proud. He was everywhere at once, organizing, helping, explaining and making sure no one was left out. What can I say...I just look on with amazement and say to myself...that's my son there, and am so thankful that he introduced me to the world of horse racing and to this group.
I'm also proud to be considered "one of the guys".
To anyone who missed this year, try to come next near if you can. There is something about Saratoga, even with it's rainy Sundays that captures the hearts of young and old alike.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #88
Bill V.
The egg man

I still have this silly smile on my face. This year at Saratoga had a magic feeling
They are all fun and each year they seem to get better

I really enjoy winning with my friends I'm already looking forward to Saratoga 2012
Thank you Pat You are such a good friend.

To Chris The tables size is the only thing that seperates us At PC we all sit together

To everybody there thanks for making it a great weekend

Can't wait for next year

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #89
azbacks
Grade 1

Looks like a good time was had by all.....a tribute to the organizers of the events. Everyone looks good. Richie looks happy as can be. Fantastic!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #90
wagercapper
Winner

Thanks to Hurricane Irene, Saratoga is canceled today, but Travers day was great!
wagercapper
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote