Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Pace Makes the Race / TPR
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Pace Makes the Race / TPR Discussion, Examples, Lessons from Total Pace Ratings (TPR) aka 'Phase I' from the book 'Pace Makes the Race'

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #71
TEPLHORSE
AlwNW1X

FTL:
In Race RP 4, Sept. 16, 2017 (8.3 F) Condition CL s7.5 N3-L - and regarding Horse #9, line 2, the condition reads: CL c5/11 N2-L. I am studying your threads "religiously" and appreciate the time you are taking to teach us (I am really new to all this.). Can you explain the condition CL c5/11 N2-L? I have seen the small letter "c" before in a condition, but can not find the meaning any where. Thank you so much.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #72
shoeless
Grade 1

FTL,

I really like your approach of looking at a race and hope I can
improve to being more successful.

It is extremely nice of you to share with us things that has taken
you years to develop and I am very grateful.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #73
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill

Glad to see you post and get well soon my friend

Jeff
Old 09-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #74
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLHORSE View Post
FTL:
In Race RP 4, Sept. 16, 2017 (8.3 F) Condition CL s7.5 N3-L - and regarding Horse #9, line 2, the condition reads: CL c5/11 N2-L. I am studying your threads "religiously" and appreciate the time you are taking to teach us (I am really new to all this.). Can you explain the condition CL c5/11 N2-L? I have seen the small letter "c" before in a condition, but can not find the meaning any where. Thank you so much.
It indicates the horse was "claimed", which means bought/purchased by another owner for the claiming price of the race in which it was entered.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #75
DontSayDont
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLHORSE View Post
FTL:
This is the condition of the Sept. 16th race: (8.3 F) 8.3 furlongs or 1.70 which is 1 mile and 70 yards. (CL s7.5) It is a claiming CL race and horses entered can be purchased from the race for $7,500 (7.5). The small s in front of the 7.5 indicates that this is a race for Oklahoma bred horses as they are at Remington Park. (N3-L) This race is also restricted to non-winners of 3 races (N3) lifetime (L).

The horses condition from line 2 is: (CL) Claiming (c) was claimed in that race. (5/11) horses entered at RP many times run with 2 different claiming prices, 1 price for non-Oklahoma breds (the smaller price) and the 2nd price (larger) is the claiming price of Oklahoma breds. There is an OR in this as sometimes horses can be entered as: 14k - 12k which is a way a trainer can get additional weight off this horse. It would work like: horses entered where they can be claimed for 14k have to carry 124 lbs but if a trainer wants to enter his horse where it can be claimed for 12k it will only have to carry 120 lbs. You just need the complete conditions for the race to know the difference. Next is the N2-L. It is restricted to horses who have only won (broke their maiden) 1 race or non-winners of 2 races lifetime.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you worse

Ray
Old 09-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #76
TEPLHORSE
AlwNW1X

Conditions explained

FTL, Ray: Thanks. Now the conditions make sense.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #77
shoeless
Grade 1

FTL

With presser races which side of the Energy screen would you look at
Old 09-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #78
Jeebs
Grade 1

FTL,

Perhaps Ray Lopez can better answer if you can't, but in versions with Pre-Play stop action, there is an EXDC Deceleration graph and a SP Deceleration graph. What does EXDC mean?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #79
Mitch44
Grade 1

Jeebs;

To the best of my knowledge it stands for Energy Exertion / Deceleration.
Their weighted together.

The EXDC is essentially the match-up in an earlier Sartin program which was the forerunner to later Sartin Programs. From testing and refinement better products and programs came about that were more proficient while each one assisted in the final products contained in RDSS as we know it today.

Many who had those programs at the time never did understand them, as how the readouts were achieved were hidden. Additionally with the evolution of the computer with faster processors and memory the Sartin programs quickly came & went by the wayside as did many other products that used computers.

While older versions still get winners for those who can make them work, they are incomparable to his final product for reaching the standard of 65 % with a two horse bet. That was playing races with no more than two unknown factors. Brohammer was very selective in the races he played and probably more so than others.

Having had several earlier programs, IMO none of those earlier programs and readouts can match today's RDSS.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 09-25-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #80
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
FTL,

Perhaps Ray Lopez can better answer if you can't, but in versions with Pre-Play stop action, there is an EXDC Deceleration graph and a SP Deceleration graph. What does EXDC mean?
Good job by Mitch on your question regarding EXDC.

Actually, I wasn’t quite sure what “EXDC” meant, so I did a little research. In follow up #28 there is a introduction to Thoromation. Buried in the article is the below line. I can only conclude that this also applies to EXDC in ENERGY as well.
Attached Images