Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Subscription Changes / Coronavirus

Dear Friends,

During this unprecedented and seriously disruptive period, beside the really serious issues of staying healthy, staying isolated to slow the virus spread, staying happy in our families and still connected in our communities -- besides that, we have lost a lot of horse racing opportunities recently (and will lose more) with suspensions of many tracks this Spring.

To help with this is a very small way, I've made a few changes to the RDSS Subscription options:

1. Everyone who renews a RDSS 12-month Subscription in 2020 will get an extra 1 month added to the normal renewal period for the same $150 price. If you already renewed in 2020, I'm adding the extra month to your existing Subscription period (I'll send you an email). This is in recognition of reduced racing opportunities during the March - June period.

2. I added a few extra Subscription period options:
3 months ($42.50), 6 months ($80) and 2 years ($250). If cash flow is tight right now, use the 3 or 6 month options when you renew (the extra $5 included in each 3 and 6 month pro-rata subscription covers extra PayPal processing costs).
If you are feeling confident in the future (I definitely am!) you can lock in a cheaper Subscription price for 2 years: $250. Don't worry, I will be supporting and evolving RDSS for many years to come

You can find these new Subscription options on the RDSS Subscription Page.
3. With the extra 1 month added this year, if your Renewal Date is getting too far ahead of when the PayPal payment comes due, simply go to your PayPal account recurring payments and cancel the $150 automatic annual payment to Knowledge Management Systems (RDSS). I will send you an email before the renewal Date to remind you to re-subscribe. That way (even if next year) your dollars will go a little further.

I know the above are but small steps in the face of serious economic and health problems we are all facing. Frankly, I'm trying to find ways to encourage folks to continue their RDSS subscriptions (i.e. my livelihood) during this slow-down period, but also it is a (small) way for me to express my gratitude for all the support you all have shown for this project over the years.

Lastly - I know an update to RDSS is (long) overdue and I can promise that one WILL come sometime this year, I hope sooner than later. I have a few software projects on the go right now which I hope will provide a new foundation for RDSS and the Sartin Methodology for years to come.

Thank you all again for your years of support for RDSS, and for helping to continue the legacy of Doc Sartin and his band of wise teachers!

“Viruses are contagious. So is Panic. Fear. Hysteria. Calm. Love. Enthusiasm. Kindness. Joy. Compassion. Choose wisely.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-11-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: removed note about refunding PayPal fees
Old 03-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

That's nice of you Ted to do that in these difficult times
Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
GeezerHead
Sartinista

There is no PayPal transaction fee for 'Friends and Family'.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerHead View Post
There is no PayPal transaction fee for 'Friends and Family'.
Hey Geezer! You are correct. However, commercial transactions still have fees. Though, PayPal has retreated from not refunding transaction fees (seemed mean?) so I modified my post above relating to that. If someone needs a refund, they get their fees refunded as well.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-05-2020, 12:29 AM   #5
winning
Grade 2

Hi Ted, I'm still paying $609.95. Will my price change also? Thank-you, Brian
Old 06-05-2020, 09:01 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning View Post
Hi Ted, I'm still paying $609.95. Will my price change also? Thank-you, Brian
Brian, your RDSS Subscription price is $0.00 , because you have an Unlimited PP data plan. While I get to do whatever I like with RDSS software Subscription pricing, TrackMaster sets data pricing. If you were thinking that you're not getting enough value out of your Unlimited data plan right now because fewer tracks (though more seem to be coming back online every day), you could contact TrackMaster and choose a different data plan.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I updated the RDSS Subscription options described in the opening post in this Thread.

Now that full racing schedules have returned, if you are renewing your 12-month RDSS Subscription this year, or if you started a new 12-month Subscription before July this year you will get 13 months.

Starting July, if you are just beginning a new RDSS Subscription, you get the regular 12 months (you didn't miss out on any racing with RDSS during the March - June period).

Ted

R
DSS -
Closed Thread