Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 06-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #1
turfsup
AlwNW1X

Exciting results for a new member

I recently started using the RDSS program and have had great results. Several years ago I was using Thoromation and this RDSS is a much better more exciting program. I wagered on 100 races 2$ bets on two horses. I won 35 races and lost 65. Average mutual was 14$ and I had 7 mutuels over 20$. profit was 120 dollars about a 22% ROI. This program is very easy to use because 95% of my pacelines were selected by the program!!! I read all the 5 follow ups as Ted suggested and I believe what Ted and DOC SARTIN say.

I thank Ted and anyone who created the masterpiece of RDSS.

TURFSUP

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-07-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: formatting
turfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi TURFSUP,

Sounds like you are keeping records of how you do... that is a smart move. I think most professionals keep records, how else can you evaluate how you are doing and improve? Also, using your win% and ROI, gives you the ability to apply the Kelly Criterion to your betting, which Howard Sartin believed was the optimal betting approach.

This board is great for getting advise on how to do better. And, I think you are correct in that RDSS does most of the heavy lifting for us. As someone that is working on improving his win betting, I admire you for doing 100 races at $2, that shows some serious discipline.

Congrats on your skill, and glad to see your work is paying off. Be sure to post how your next 100 bets go, I bet you increase your ROI as you improve and learn which races to pass.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Turfsup,

We've had many conversations and emails - you have come out swinging, and thanks for posting this, and congratulations! Very patient progress. I too initially cut my teeth on Thoromation, and loved it. I have to say that as Doc evolved to what became Validator (via Pacelauncher, Synthesis, etc) I found my choices became simpler and my game more focused. As it stands now, RDSS is more like Validator than like Thoromation (though, stay tuned ... ).

Just in case any of the folks at home have the same question I do - and perhaps it's just a typo - you say your ROI was about 22% and you bet $4 per race on 100 races, or $400. You won 35 of those at average of $14, so 35 x $14 = $490, or $90 profit on $400 bet ($490 - $400 = $90). $90 as a percentage of $400 is indeed about 22% as you say. Congratulations!

Is it possible you meant that your profit was about $90 rather than the $120 you stated, which would have rather been a ROI of about 30%? Anyway, a minor quibble (though confusing to me at first).

Welcome to the neighbourhood, and looking forward, like Dan, to your next $100. Do you have enough history yet to start to up those bets towards your normal bet size?

Take care,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
turfsup
AlwNW1X

bet size question?

Dear Ted I'm going to raise bets every 100 races until I get much better// I need to get to 100 per race so I can cash good . but I know I'm still a beginning student , when I used thoromation I bet 200$ per race and I was not getting the high mutual nor the higher ROI,, I do remember hitting charismatic for 62$ in the derby but I bet 3 horses ,, thanks for all your help . turfsup
turfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
... looking forward, ... to your next $100.
Sorry Turfsup, I meant to write '... to your next 100 races.'

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfsup View Post
I do remember hitting charismatic for 62$ in the derby but I bet 3 horses
Ahhh, yes Charismatic - 1999 Kentucky Derby . I do remember that sweet event - hit it also (using 2 horses).

Good luck/skill going forward!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-05-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
delayjf
Grade 3

Quote:
Ahhh, yes Charismatic - 1999 Kentucky Derby . I do remember that sweet event - hit it also (using 2 horses).
Me too - he was my number 1 sustained pace horse that I didn't bet due to his dosage.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote