Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
BJennet
Grade 1

Total Energy vs. Track Bias

In using Spec 160 over the past few months, I've been struck by what seems to me to be the greatly improved effectiveness of Total Energy (and TPP) from that of Spec 150, which I realize had some problems. One of the things I've been noticing about the TE ranking is that, in using it, I seem to need to rely on track bias and race dynamic indicators less than I ever have before, although, of course, it's impossible to ignore them. I don't know whether this means the Trackmaster variant has some built-in track-bias factors it lacked before, and maybe Ted can respond to that issue. But this effectiveness has made me wonder whether there might be a permanent e/l range within which, TE might take precedence over any other factor, and maybe Ted can speak to this as well.

Another TE-related issue, is when and whether it's large enough to trump any question of race dynamics or track bias. This is something that occurs rarely, but can be powerful. To me, the threshold gap seems to be a 2-point separation from any other horse in the race, and echoing Tim Y, even more powerful when there are two such lines. I've noticed this happening most often with layoff horses, often dropping down a class-level for their return, and it's been very profitable for me. But, as I said, a 2-point edge is unusual and a 3-point very rare.

Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who pays attention to these questions.

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote