Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

How to get them audio to play from my truck radio?

Richie

You have done a great great service with the audio library, a bigtime thanks.

I have tried to listen to the audio files thru my laptop and even with headphones were unable to hear them that well.

Is there a way to get them onto a , what do they call those things, an IPOD, MP3 thingy, something that works as a walkman, yet has different volume controls that may help me to hear better, and yes I can still hear , thank God.

I would even pay for this service, if not too expensive, as it would be great for my new excersise program of walking and in the truck driving too.

Now you may have a better idea of how to do this, please tell me as I will try to do it, it is just that my knowledge is limited here, but my desire to learn it might overcome my limited knowledge, maybe??? My confidence is there just not that high yet with technolgy things, but each day it's getting better, as I am not afraid to get in there try new things, nope.

My preference in the audio files would be in this order, unless you personally suggest an better order to listen to them

Pacelines
Contenders and Pacelines
Tom Dick and Doc
Kgen
Egen
Syneergism Workshops
Brohamer tape lectures

and the rest in any order as you see fit, again you may have a scheduled way to listen to them , please let me know

I know this may be too much for me to ask and if it is please say so, with technology today somethings can be done with only a few clicks here and there, and take very little time, while others may take tremendous time and effort, let me know how hard this may be, or maybe a quick 5-10 minute IM session may be enough to teach me to do this, which I do not mind trying at all, just tell me what I may need to do it with, and what I must buy, please.

Again great job with the Library all of you who helped here

God Bless
Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 03-21-2010 at 10:07 AM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Patrick.

Does your truck audio system play CDs? If so, burn the audios to a CD (using Windows Media Player) and play them. If not, get an MP3 player (iPod or a dozen other alternatives) and move the audios to it. If your truck audio system has a line in jack, connect your MP3 player to that, otherwise, get a little short-range FM broadcasting box from Best Buy (< $100), plug your MP3 player into that (hooks onto the ashtray or power outlet) and transmit to your radio that way.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Truck

Great advice Ted

The MP3 to Radio in jack on the truck works great
actually My trainer and I listen to the audios from my blackberry
into the truck radio with the line in jack

Load and clear even at 6 dimes and a nickle
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Great Guys, but HUH, I believe I have a CD player in my truck, and it has an aux plug in for MP3 according to the new manual I have for it.

It is XD1222 from Dual Electronics.
http://www.dualav.com/mobileaudio/xd1222.php

So find a store and get a box of audio CD's, any type will do???

Then go into the truckstop and ask people to help me, especially if I see someone with an MP3 or IPOD, is there a difference between those 2??

Now to have them so I can walk too I should get an MP3 player or an IPOD, MP3 right?? , as I can plug that into my truck stereo , and thus be able to hear the aduio's while driving.

From Wal-Mart any suggestions on what to buy, most economical if possible, but not so cheap it takes away from it's performance, like skipping or something I heard once, maybe that was CD Player, sorry.

Can I get something that will have me listening for under 100.00, that includes everything needed, everything now, including the cords ,chargers, carrying case, ear phones, a how to put the audio library on there and in order too, any special cables needed, and again many thanks guys.

Maybe I can do both, make CD's that play in the truck stereo CD player, and IPOD/MP3 thing for when I walk, someday I may be lucky enough,( I will be, trust me), to own an Apple Iphone or whatever that phone with all the app's is , but till then let me begin with the bare bones basic's please, something that will assist me with hearing the audio library in my truck and during my walks and other down time.

Thanks Guys and Gals
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
tom
Grade 1

Can you just copy the audio file to the CD, or do you need WMP to do it?
I want to be able to play the At the Races archive files in my car. Does WMP copy differently?

Thanks,
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tom,

If you want the file to play in a CD player, you have to 'burn' it using Windows Media Player or other audio disk creator (Roxio, RealMedia, etc). The format has to be changed, or a bootstrap bit added to the disk in the 'burn' process so it can be read by CD players. If you just copy the audio files to a CD, they will not play in CD players, rather just be like data backup copies.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Maybe I can do both, make CD's that play in the truck stereo CD player, and IPOD/MP3 thing for when I walk, someday I may be lucky enough,( I will be, trust me), to own an Apple Iphone or whatever that phone with all the app's is , but till then let me begin with the bare bones basic's please, something that will assist me with hearing the audio library in my truck and during my walks and other down time.

Thanks Guys and Gals
If your truck CD player has an MP3 player line-in as you say, no need to BOTH burn CDs AND copy MP3 files to an MP3 player. Just use the MP3 player and line it into your truck sound system, as Bill V explained above.

He uses his BlackBerry for audio storage. Does your phone do that? Maybe you already have an MP3 player/storage device! Otherwise, older model iPods, iPod Nanos or iPod Touches are getting cheaper. My wife has a Samsung Sansa which she swears by (because it's not by Apple...). Me, I don't touch those things

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

just a suggestion

Hi

Pat I too suggest a MP3 player Its really all you need
if you want to spend $100 you can get a very good one from Creative ..
Maybe get one with 8mg
storage I picked up nice one at Best Buy cost about $80.00
It comes with player, wall/lighter chargers, input jacks head phones
and software. Its works great. The software makes it very easy
to transfer the files from your computer to the player
after you save them from the library

Pat . the small size the easy to work with The software and the line input
jack/wire make it so easy to work and listen too
either in the truck or with the headphones while your waiting at the dock
or drop yard for a live load

be safe driver
Bill V

Last edited by Bill V.; 03-23-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

10-4 guys will go with MP3

thanks everyone
Old 03-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
tom
Grade 1

Thanks all.....one of life's little mysteries cleared up for me.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote