Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-23-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
GoGet'EmJoe
AlwNW1X

My First Post! 4f Fonner Pk Race

Hello!

When I clicked on the 2nd race of Fonner for 4/21, just about everything to the right of the 'original' and 'adjusted' tab was blank/unsorted.... so the Segment section has all the horses winning, lol.. and you can see the BL/BL image attached.

Mind you, Race 1 and Race 3 are fine... this is the first time I've seen this.

Much appreciated for any help.
Attached Images

GoGet'EmJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Joe, welcome!

That race is a 4f race, and RDSS does not project/adjust times, velocities or compounded factors to 4f, thus all screens which use them (i.e. all screens other than the Original screen) are (mostly) blank. I agree, there should be a message/reminder to that effect, and all screens with adjusted data should be FULLY bank - noted for the future, thanks!

RDSS can only handle 4.5f to 12f races.

HOWEVER, you can manually change the distance for that race from 4f to 5f, on the Entries screen by right-clicking the Distance/Surface column on the Card Summary screen, then choosing 5f from the Distance drop-down field, then click the Update button.

RDSS will then reassemble that race as a 5f race, projecting all adjusted times to that distance and auto-selecting pacelines accordingly. RDSS will still not auto-select pacelines outside of 4.5f - 12f distances, thus you'll have to choose a line for the #5 and #6 horses yourself. I recommend the best Perceptor # for each horse. That's line 10 for the #5, but it represents a good race, not dissimilar to the last 2 good races at 4f, and a reasonably similar TrackMaster Speed Rating. (You could even use the 2nd best Pereptor, line 9, for a conservative approach). For similar reasons, I used line 5 for the #6 horse.

Doing so gives you this BL/BL screen ranking (I did not have ProfitLine or Prime Power ratings for that day, sadly, thus no Rx or Rx+ screens).

Name:  FON2.png
Views: 565
Size:  483.0 KB

With the following result.

Name:  fon2.cht.png
Views: 566
Size:  349.5 KB

Note: you can also use the Change Distance tool to cut back races longer than 12f to 12f races - or often even better, to the closest shorter route marathon distance matching most of the race distances run by the horses in the race. For example, you can do this with the 12f Belmont Stakes (perhaps cutting back to 10f), the Breeders' Cup Marathon or other strange Saratoga, Gulfstream, Woodbine, etc marathon distances

Hope you had a few winners from the other Fonner Park races - Fonner is having its day in the spotlight during the Coronavirus racing season!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-23-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
GoGet'EmJoe
AlwNW1X

Thumbs up

OMG! That's incredible... I didn't even realize the race was that short.

Thanks for the great reply! Can't wait to go back to it and and mess around.

Thanks again, Ted.
GoGet'EmJoe is offline   Reply With Quote