Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
gl45
Grade 1

Great People

Hi
I like to thank you all for the great time.
Mr. Brooks, Bill (Binder), Jeff (Shoeless), Jeff and Kevin (PhaseIII) and Richie. (How can you not love him). All very knowledgeable about Sartin Programs, Val, Spec and Syn.
Binder knows how to pass races, unless he understands the race, he will not bet. Full understanding of Val and Spec. I will use his directions on how to use the programs.
PhaseIII, excellent and methodical fellow, he came prepared with all the selections already made. Great knowledge of programming, his home grown software is very interesting. I will incorporate it in mine, with his permission.
Shoeless, he loves to read the DRF PP's, he has an uncanny ability to choose the right pace line. I wish I could do the same.
Richie, what can I say. He can handicapp a race in seconds. Great understanding of Sartin programs. I will use his suggestions.
I wish Kevin a good school year, he'll start tomorrow, bummer.....nice young lad.
Mr. Brooks, a young retiree, loves to spend time with his son. Great to see that. Wish him all the best.
Everybody brought to the table something to be learned from. As for me, I don't know what contribution I made, but the few hours that I spent with the group, I did learn one thing:

FRIENDSHIP
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Pino you summed that up beautifully but dont sell yourself short.You had the right numbers in the 1st at Del but bet it wrong for a 200 ex.Also in the 9th you had that 55-1 shot that won in the mix but again a numbers thing.I was the one that couldnt add anything to the programs people were using.My problem is I can read the form and pick the paceline but then Im lost after that.Anyway it was a fun day. Shoeless
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Phase III Lives
Grade 2

Kevin and I had a wonderful time... It was sure nice of Jeff to arrange this meeting. What a pleasure to meet everyone. Thinking of "What Binder would do" helped me on to a 13-1 shot. I was impressed at how people using the same methodolgy in priciple, came at it from varied approaches that were the right style for them, and still quite often came up with the same understanding of a race. Quite often readouts were different, programs different, but the key horse (often the high odds horse with a decent chance) was there for the taking. Pino came so close to the hit of a lifetime... I've never come close. But just knowing he was there, should give hime confidence the next time.

I enjoyed my converstions with Binders dad and was impressed at how Bill and Richie attack races on the fly - not my forte'

I enjoyed the friendship and conversation enjoyed by good people and kevin enjoyed himself very much...

Last edited by Phase III Lives; 08-28-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Phase III Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up Wow!

I don't even know where to start. I wish that Phase,Shoe, Pino lived here. The most SINCERE people anyone can hope to meet.

Brooks: I know where Binder gets his class from. He is super sharp judging class at Monmouth and is getting the hang of Val3 thanx to his son's help. He did all the driving and still was rarin to go when the races came up! Thanx Brooks! You and Mrs. Bocce are like my second family.

Shoeless: Jeff I owe you big time. You are the nicest man with the biggest heart. All kidding aside here. Anyone who is a friend of yours is very lucky indeed. Your ability to select contenders and pacelines is very strong. Pino is right on here.

Phase: Your son is the spittin image of you man! We could see the love in his eyes looking at you and vice versa. Something really to behold. You are very prepared for your day at the races and what I took from you was just that. Having a game plan complete with a layout of possible races to wager on> You are very thorough and hit a beautiful bomb. Thanx for making me feel so comfortable meeting someone for the first time. My best to your son please!

Pino: You are so cool it's crazy. I love your accent lol Your programming skills u showed me are unreal I feel like we are related and that I have known you for years Pino I mean that You ever need anything u got it! I can not refuse you If I did u might send Uncle Vito after me u know the real real quiet guy that says nothing but then pulls the stiletto on ya!! Omerta

Binder: The sheer POWER of your abilities hit all of us yesterday. I truly don't know what the heck else to say except THANK YOU !!! I personally think u should attempt to find Doc man just to try and let him know how much he means to ya. He was crazy about you Bill u were special to him he told me so himself. Wow have u done him proud buddy!

Hey maybe next time we can all meet up say at Binder's track " Philly" how cool would that be Meeting other new friends would be fantastic. It really is all good

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Actually I must thank you guys for making me feel like part of the group,I know I do things a lot differently from the rest . I really appreciate all the help and friendship that each of you have given me.All the lunches in the world could never repay that.THANKS GUYS Shoeless
Old 08-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
Binder
Grade 1

Send a message via AIM to Binder
Pimlico with some friends

Thank You Shoeless

To Jeff, Pino Jeff, Rich ,Dad and Kevin
The V/DC - Pimlico meeting was fantastic
It was such a nice day . I hope my manners were ok, I As I really wanted to
step back and listen to all you guys ideas.and opinions. The excitement of meeting each other was great . I wanted to let you all know a few times I had to get up and take a little walk and soak in what was happening I was so happy for all my old and new friends
It was all about My friends helping and all pulling for my friends
Many times I walked around and look out to the track where all the great horses have run in the Preakness and also the Black Eyed Susan
Then when I would come back I saw our little group all together and it was so cool
Pino I just wanted that exacta so bad for you when you just missed at Delaware with that $117 winner
Rich you too... Just made the calls and got split
Dad, Sorry we didn't hit anything at Monmouth, But it was real nice working with you
on VAl 3
Shoe It was real nice to have you hit the exacta when we hit the turf race at Saratoga
together
Jeff, When you saw me up the betting windows and thanked me
It was a real nice moment. It took me till it was time to go to get the guts to say thank
you to you for all the great things you have shared here on the website

The Pimlico V/DC meeting was great
Thank you Jeff (Shoeless)for setting it all up

Good Skill
Bill
"Binder"
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
gl45
Grade 1

Winning at the races isn't fun anymore like it used to be. I had to retrace the beginning of my not so new endeavor which started with at Yahoo site about Sartin. I knew of Sartin since the beginning, but horses where not my bread and butter.
It's fun to see how it begin.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

wow

The way we were

Thanks Pino
It was the time of our lives . I know those days still are magic in my mind

un raduno di amici per la vita

Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 06-17-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Pino and Bill

Those were great times we had on the old website and when we got together at Pimlico and Laurel.I lost touch with Jeff after his Mom passed away and Gary I do hear from time to time.

Last edited by shoeless; 06-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
gl45
Grade 1

Bill,
anytime you're coming near the MD or PA line PM me. we'll make a day at the race with shoe.