Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #281
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Terry, this 'fatal disk error popup' has been know to happen but usually after running RDSS after several hours while fetching tote data all along. Does this match your scenario, or does it happen after just a short while.

Advice I have long given -- restart RDSS after every few races. This usually keeps things humming along nicely (at least in the past).

Ted

Today it was after an hour or so. Disabling Smart Screen cured 99% of the problems though so I'm good.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #282
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet2windo View Post
RDSS 2.1.049.11 not installing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Sorry to hear that Please tell me more ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bet2windo View Post
RDSS 2.1.049.11 will not complete install. component transfer error message pops up and stops.
Thanks for elaborating. Detailed suggestions sent by email. Will repost that (InstallShield installation failure message) in the RDSS FAQs.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-02-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #283
gandalf380
Grade 1

Problem suggestion

Ted:

If it is at all possible, would you be able to have the program generate an error file with pertinent info and have it sent to you automatically? This might clear up some of the confusion for you and make it easier to get everyone on the same page.

Charlie
Old 07-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #284
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Sorry Ted, my previous post had incorrect data. We were using using ver 2.1.048.

So, on both a Win8.1 and Win10 pc, using version 2.1.049.11 with Tote_enabled=0, and SmartScreen OFF we are NOT experiencing the 'not responding' issues. However, getting no data on races where scratches occur may still happen (will advise as the situation comes up).
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #285
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

so is this problem solved? I am still having this problem. I cannot figure out how to disable the tote or anything that might be trying to retrieve information on either version. never got an email on a fix.
tizlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:18 PM   #286
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizlinda View Post
so is this problem solved? I am still having this problem. I cannot figure out how to disable the tote or anything that might be trying to retrieve information on either version. never got an email on a fix.
Brian, I have outlined the current state of things in a separate post here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12434

But according to my usage records (at least during June and July), you are using 2 older versions (V2.0-Beta2.6-02 and V2.1.048-a), neither of which will respond to the suggested workaround to disable the tote system if one is having 'stalling/not responding' problems.

I recommend you update to the current version 2.1.049.11 by following the RDSS Icon in the upper-right corner of the website to access the download page (or here: http://www.rdss2.com/download-software). THEN, if you still encounter a 'stalling' problem,try to disable the tote system by following the advice given in several posts above (e.g. here: http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/sho...&postcount=251).

I mention 'still' above, because despite the problems reported by many, others report that there are no problems at all using the current version - no tote problems, no 'not responding' problems. This part is particularly maddening to me, and my post elaborating on my plans for RDSS, linked in the first paragraph above is the best I can come up with to solve these issues.

I'm not sure if by 'never got an email' you mean you had written me and I never responded, or if you meant you never got a group email to RDSS users with a solution. I checked and did not find an email from you which I missed, but if I did I'm sorry, I do try my best. If the latter - I hope the first link above covers that.

Please do email me if the suggested solutions still don't get you back in business.

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-31-2019, 11:26 PM   #287
Luigui
Maiden

First of all HI! to everyone,
As you can tell I'm New Here, I will do my best to make myself understand whenever I'm here at this Forum,

Hi Ted,

I'm getting an error when Downloading from Track Master,
This is the error:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1564629230

Not Sure if I'm doing it the correct way (Posting),

Could you help me with this problem?
Thank You,
Attached Images

Luigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:08 AM   #288
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Luigui, not a bug per se, but it's what happens when RDSS misinterprets an error message TrackMaster sends (often, regarding your account with them) and instead thinks it's a downloaded race file.

Here is the FAQ: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=17

Don't forget - if you changed your TrackMaster login UID/PWD, after updating that in the RDSS Tegistration Tab, you have to RESTART RDSS before trying to download anything.

It looks like your TrackMaster account is ACTIVE and credit card info is normal, but please do check that yourself. Per the FAQ, I advise: in the Data Centre, UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box in the Tasks section and perform the Download and Convert again (i.e. FORCE a re-download and re-convert).

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-01-2019, 02:01 AM   #289
Luigui
Maiden

Smile

Hi Ted,
Based on the bugs list, that was the first thing I did, logged in at TM but, it continue with the same problem, so what I did was disable DON'T DUPLICATE TASKS under Data Center and it worked, was able to download after that,

Also sent you a message for a couple of other things I had to do today to get RDSS to work, 1) Disable smart screen in my computer,
2) Set Tote_enabled=0 in the config file.

Regards,
Luigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #290
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Luis, it sounds like you are up to date and running now, per this message and your email. But if not, please just reply by email.

Ted

R
DSS -