Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2016 Match4Cash Challenges
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2016 Match4Cash Challenges Are You Up 4 It?

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 11:42 PM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

Nobody

I think we all can agree I have nothing but love and respect for Richie.
But I have no problem standing up to him in this issue. I feel going over all races win and lose is very important.
When ever I see a race posted here on pace and cap and pace line selections are identified I pour over these races again and again,
I check lines. I check early and late energy differential readouts and I also look for position tendencies,
In your question about the 6 The first thing I did was look at the LPR rankings
I have lost too many races betting horses too far off the center line. I have seen very few horses win with LPRs under 80. This horse has trouble breaking 75
How did I get to this point, I got here by not just looking at the next race coming up.

Bill

Name:  eli.PNG
Views: 250
Size:  73.0 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 04-16-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #22
RichieP
Grade 1

Good morning gang!
Hey the reason I dont look back is because while I am using RDSS and adjusted numbers etc I am also using some matching stuff ( kind of a hybrid way of doing things, living in both worlds if you will)to decide if I am going to play a race and who my 2 bets are going to be.

My fear is regarding the matchup stuff requiring my "Mind's Eye" to be sharp will be screwed up if I start regression analysis. Everyone has fears and this is my real big one regarding racing cause I lost a LOT of money doing this when I was studying with Jim.

Could it be different now that I am relying on RDSS and readouts and not just looking at pps for everything? Probably yes I am just too chicken **** to find out man!

What Bill points out about looking at repeating patterns regarding E/L graphs, readouts etc etc is completly valid, shoot we did this together for years at the table in Jersey!

I hope you all have a great day and keep on rocking in the free world
Richie
*Man has to know his limitations* - Clint Eastwood
Old 04-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Venting 1.1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Yeah honestly. Do you think the race would have run much differently if the 4 was in? Well actually I guess you do because you had him for the win. We should be better than this. We should have predicted that the jockey would come off the 4. Maybe we should demand another screen in RDSS that deals with "lost rider" probabilities.
But seriously, PatC had the win! So congrats to him. I will post the chart later. I am not sure what it paid.
I think the race ran pretty much to form. I'd like to look at a couple of things about it and will post those later. Intuition wise we shouldn't be looking at losing races for those of us that lost. But thats advanced stuff of which I don't think I am a part of yet. I have a question about the 6 and would like opinions.

Later,
Pook
Pook really man????????? The race ran to form, check my comment on horse 8.

Bill, interesting comment on #6. Early horse requiring lp of 80 to qualify for a win. Form your data mining what is the percent of early horses requiring an lp of 80+ to win? How many races was evaluated?
Old 04-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #24
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar View Post
Pook really man????????? The race ran to form, check my comment on horse 8.

Bill, interesting comment on #6. Early horse requiring lp of 80 to qualify for a win. Form your data mining what is the percent of early horses requiring an lp of 80+ to win? How many races was evaluated?

Cigar you had it pegged:
8 - Speed - needs the lead - my hope #6 does not hook up with her. If speed duel develop #1 has big shot. - Out
It ran to your form except the 4 had a mishap.

Pook
Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #25
The Pook
Grade 1

Result
Attached Images

Closed Thread