Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
polambi
Grade 1

Inaccuracy in equibase result chart

I'm guessing equibase results charts are used to make what we purchase as data files for RDSS and other softwares.
Yesterday, May 7th, I bet on the #9 horse in race 6th at Belmont. So I had watched that race with great interest. This morning, while doing my post mortem, to see where I went wrong in that race, I'm surprised to see the results chart Which I accessed directly from RDSS showing that the #9 lost by big margin, when in fact, it was by a neck. How often do they make those mistakes in the charts that we so deeply rely on???
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

polambi:

Based on what you said in your post the chart is correct. Charts are reversed from what the PP say and state. The figure next to the horse in the chart says how much it beat the horse behind it. I.e. the winner # 2 beat the 9 by a neck and the # 9 beat the # 12 by 2 3/4 lg. etc.

In the PP's its more easily understood because their only showing one horse and the total beaten lengths. The further down one goes in the result chart than you have to add them up whereas in the PP's that's already done for you.
Its a little more tricky working with charts but then again they do provide more information that doesn't appear in the PP's.

By the way this is a common mistake if making your own figures etc. or keeping a track profile for beaten lengths at different calls in a race from result charts. Just think how disastrous that is for a track profile. PROFILER'S BEWARE!!!!

Mitch44
Old 05-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
polambi
Grade 1

Thanks for your reply Mitch. I'm glad I brought it up. I could not figure it out. Thanks for your explanation.