Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Just a little writeup

I posted this on Facebook right now

Pretty sad to say that Baffert will just be in the HOF and NO ONE will want to bring up all of his juiced up horses Rip to Arrogate as he deserved better and his other future horses that will suffer due to his actions plus the other horses he may have drugged in the past =( Does that mean that American Pharoah and Justify were drugged? makes me sick thinking about those "superstars" who made the world celebrate when AP won the Triple Crown after a 37 year wait and then in 2018 with Justify winning easily

Back to positivity: I love horse racing because of the fun and exciting way of handicapping each morning and getting rewarded at the end of the day for the winners that you put the work into Today was a good day at Saratoga with 6 winners paying between $6 and the highest was $41! Hoping someday I can show the world just how great I can be in the NHC/NTRA Handicapping Tournament in Las Vegas for the $800 thousand dollar prize or even working for a top notch racetrack like NYRA or Woodbine as a on-air analyst! Everyday I keep pushing myself to be a better person and that has gotten me far in my handicapping career! Q and A about horse racing or anything about handicapping for products I use or what the day by day procedure is I am glad to answer those for you below please Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you
Old 07-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
dlivery
Grade 1

Blah Blah Blah

Who really cares of crap like this 37 year wait.
buried and forgotten about.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Conley, fret about the past but don't forget to celebrate what we have today (and thankfully much day-to-day racing has returned) and look forward to tomorrow and tomorrow. You have your whole life in front of you. You aspirations to a career in racing are stirring to hear about. We all wish you great success and enjoyment.

When Fairgrounds returns, you might want to check out the (hopefully returning) Grant Lagrange and his between race colour commentary. Grant is 'Latekick' here and started using RDSS several years ago when he was just 17. He went on to finish university and has taken one job after another in the racing industry, internships with DRF at Saratoga, and other steady career advancements. Contact him if you like for pointers and inspiration, tell him I said hi.

Eventually you could be the new Jim Bannon (with more hair!).

Wishing you great success!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
gandalf380
Grade 1

Conley definitely contact Grant. Very nice guy whom I first met at Saratoga several years. we had a nice discussion about RDSS and horseracing in general.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Conley, fret about the past but don't forget to celebrate what we have today (and thankfully much day-to-day racing has returned) and look forward to tomorrow and tomorrow. You have your whole life in front of you. You aspirations to a career in racing are stirring to hear about. We all wish you great success and enjoyment.

When Fairgrounds returns, you might want to check out the (hopefully returning) Grant Lagrange and his between race colour commentary. Grant is 'Latekick' here and started using RDSS several years ago when he was just 17. He went on to finish university and has taken one job after another in the racing industry, internships with DRF at Saratoga, and other steady career advancements. Contact him if you like for pointers and inspiration, tell him I said hi.

Eventually you could be the new Jim Bannon (with more hair!).

Wishing you great success!

Ted
Thanks Ted,

I will contact him soon just have to think on what to say to him lol and yes definitely would add you saying hi.

Funny you say about Jim Bannon because I respected his opinions on him and what he saw in terms of workouts in the morning. Wonder if he still does that?

Anyways I always appreciate you and everyone here with helping me through the good times (and troubled times). Hopefully someday I get to meet you and all the nice people around here

Have a fantastic day!
Old 07-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #6
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Conley definitely contact Grant. Very nice guy whom I first met at Saratoga several years. we had a nice discussion about RDSS and horseracing in general.
Sounds good Gandalf!

How are you making out this year? Hopefully in the green