Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup **
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** CASH Prize Contests!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

Contest Rules

Entry fee is $10 USD minimum. The pot as of April 22 stands at $550 USD. It will be split 70/30 to the first and second place finishers. Anybody can join anytime as long as they are able to meet the minimum level of play. To do this all players should be active by early May or so, however that would require playing every race from then onward.

People not wishing to play and who are following along, are welcome to throw in $10 (minimum) to the pot as a sort of entertainment fee. This might help get some contestants who aren't interested in playing for peanuts to join up.

All money committed can be transferred via PayPal to the winner at the end of the contest.

Contest will end May 30 2020 but could end sooner if all tracks close and none reopen by that date. Only those having played a minimum of 30% at any point will be considered for the prize. Even a player with the worst record could win if that player was the only one at 30% or better. So judge your play accordingly.

1. Minimum number of races to enter is 30% of total posted.
2. You can play as many as you want.
3. Winner with best ROI wins.
4. Races can be posted by me any day but not necessarily everyday. So stay
tuned. One or two races a day, maybe three. Races posted will most likely be towards late afternoon EDT so contestants have time to play.
5. Post one or two horses to win and or place with mythical $2 bets. Minimum bet
then would be $2 and maximum $8.
6. Post selections only in the daily thread. All selections must be supported by some documentation. Pictures or a few words. No numbers only!
7. Post by post time, not contingent on odds. If you are concerned about odds
wait until they are loading, but the time stamp can't be later than the off time.
8. If a horse is scratched, it is scratched. No alternatives.
9. Results will be tracked and standings posted regularly.
10. Payout maximum of $20 for win and $10 for place.

Pook

Last edited by The Pook; 04-22-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
darmar
Grade 1

Hi Pook please let me know how I can send some cash for entries in the contest
Darryl March
Old 04-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
The Pook
Grade 1

Hey thanks Darryl! That would be awesome man.

Just post right here the amount you want to throw in. No cash is sent anywhere until the end and we have a winner. Everybody sends their entry fee or committed donation to the winner using PayPal.

By the way, by contributing, you will be welcome to contest if or whenever you feel like joining.

Pook
Old 04-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
mowens33
Grade 1

Mike, you can put me in for $110 also.

Regards, Mike
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33 View Post
Mike, you can put me in for $110 also.

Regards, Mike
Mucho gratis Mike! I have adjusted the pot up to $360.

Pook
Old 04-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #6
papajohn3times
Grade 1

Hell all
I just found out hours ago that my only living relative,my brother has suffered a major stroke. There is no one to care for him once he hopefully leaves the hospital
I will be going shortly to North Carolina to prepare for his assumed arrival.
I therefore have to regretfully withdraw from the contest.
I am a man of my word,so I will of course honor my 10 dollar commitment
I am so sorry to have to do this,but I hope you all agree,family must come first
Good skill to all!
Sincerely John
Old 04-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #7
The Pook
Grade 1

Papa,

Thats too bad man. Good luck with your situation. Thanks for the financial commitment and remember you can always jump back in if you find the time.

Pook
Old 04-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #8
The Pook
Grade 1

Just going to close this thread and all previous days threads so that all contest correspondence goes into the most current one. That way it stays bumped and obvious to all players.

Pook
Closed Thread