Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 01-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #11
Lt1
Grade 1

I have also posted numerous winning tickets which folks acn view to see how I bet on different days.
Tim
Old 01-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #12
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar View Post
Hi Bill thanks so much for your questions. I have been involved with the Methodology since the mid 80's with a gap of 15 years from 2000 till 2015 when I retired and was able to commit to it full time again. Let me assure you that I do not bet on every option available as pointed out in my recap. I learned this method of issuing a full card of contenders from
Tim Gagas. It allows me to narrow my focus on where my winners are coming from the 5 or
6 I chose. I play DDs & Exs from $1-3 to a max of $20 per play and I try to weed out negative
Payouts(that's a constant work in progress). I will play w/p on single contenders when I find one of my picks the public doesn't like ie Race 4 on Wednesday. As far as progessives
go I play P3s consistently with a 3 horse max per race and I try to stay away from the negative payouts as much as I can. P4s are an issue for me because the AWD I use rarely
let's their minimum bet drop below $1(unless it's at Woodbine) so I will only a max 9 pick
Combination(rarely happens). P5s&6s only in a group play. That's my strategy and for the most part it works positively for me. But like most of us minnows I just do well enough to
Supplement my pensions. Thanks again for the reply if you would like talk more just PM me
Darryl
Thanks Darryl for the explanation. I figured that is what you must be doing. It must be quite the last minute scramble at post time. Thanks for your posts and may you have continued success.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:50 AM   #13
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Ok let me try to clarify what I do. First since joining the group in 1990 I have followed the Docs' teaching as closely as I could when it comes to handicapping and wagering. For those who may have forgotten or never knew the Doc recommended betting 2 horses to win[odds permitting and boxing your top 3 for the exacta and top 4 for tris. Back in those days p3s were just coming into the picture[ Jimmy called them the best bet in racing]. Rolling dds didn't exist and most other types of bets available today didn't either nor did the ability to play tracks all over the country. I started with the top 5 ranked Profit Line and Bris Prime Power horses as my contenders. When I post my selections they are in my order of preference prior to wagering beginning. My betting is based on what is happing live. Like Darryl I prefer the dds and exactas since I can see the payoff prices. I wagercap my win bets. I also will play p3s when I feel I have 1 or 2 vulnerable favs or likely 2nd choices in the sequence. No way do I play every race on the card or every exotic. bet. When it comes to the recap Ted requested that those who post selections also post our results. All I do with my recap is to show how the the 4 faired on that day plus the exotics hits were in the top 4 so folks can decide for themselves whether my selections are worth following or not. Also, since, I maintain models for each track I play I keep 5 contenders in my final mix. I hope this clears up any confusion my post may have caused the members of this site.
Tim
You too Tim. I enjoy following the adventures of Tim and Darryl at Parx.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #14
So Cal Al
So Cal Al

Send a message via AIM to So Cal Al
What is the most difficult race to handicap? For me using Sartin for about 40 years, it is the maiden turf race with an array of turf, dirt, and first timers in the race....often influenced by the best turf jockey / trainers. What are your thoughts????
So Cal Al is offline   Reply With Quote