Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Re TrackMaster Data Problems

Folks,

It appears TrackMaster has run into a glitch in their data files across many (or all) of their product lines: the TrackMaster Speed Rating shows as 0, and appears in PP lines between October 2008 and Jan 1, 2009 for all cards published dated today and forward.

Jim at TrackMaster told me last night that Equibase has updated what they send to TrackMaster and despite months of testing, the rollout (yesterday) had this problem. (Someone in Quality Assurance has some 'splainin' to do...)

The TrackMaster SR is used to adjust running times in ALL Sartin download programs (Synthesis, Val, Spec, RDSS), so all lines between Oct 09 and Jan 1 will be seriously misadjusted - you can't use those lines. Makes many races unworkable.

Time to take a short break (from TrackMaster download programs), ladies and gentlemen...

I believe they have been burning the midnight oil for sometime now to fix this and I'll post as soon as I hear more (actually I'll be pounding on their door, by phone, as soon as I think someone is awake on the West coast...)

Very sorry for this (major) inconvenience! If you have a non-unlimited account, just write TrackMaster to request a refund for any bad cards you have downloaded (or must re-download when they get it fixed): info@trackmaster.com (provide your name, TrackMaster account ID, dates/tracks of the bad cards).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-19-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added refund information
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
raceman5
Grade 1

Sooooo

I think TM owes us all some type of refund for the cards we downloaded from Oct 9-Jan 1. Think of the money we all burned by using corupted pace lines.

Bob

Last edited by raceman5; 05-19-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: SP
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Keeping fingers (toes too) crossed this is fixed real quick man.

Time to head to the park I guess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VqoxOcEqpk
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
I think TM owes us all some type of refund for the cards we downloaded from Oct 9-Jan 1. Think of the money we all burned by using corupted pace lines.

Bob
As I understand it from the original post, the glitch affects cards to be downloaded from today forward. Cards you DLed already from that three month period are properly adjusted.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
As I understand it from the original post, the glitch affects cards to be downloaded from today forward. Cards you DLed already from that three month period are properly adjusted.
That's right. Before yesterday, all that Oct-Jan data (i.e. TrackMaster Speed Rating info) was correct. The problem being corrected is with the cards generated beginning yesterday.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

Time to take a short break (from TrackMaster download programs), ladies and gentlemen...
Maybe this is an opportunity to focus on the raw Match Up! Nothing wrong with those numbers

Charlie, Richie, Bill L, Mike S, others...?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's an example (using RDSS) of what's wrong due to the missing data - how no SR data affects how Sartin TrackMaster download programs adjust data. The adjusted Pace of Race times are correct before and after the Oct '08 - Jan 1 period, and incorrect during that period. Spec and Val will show similarly.

Name:  pha0519bad.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  107.4 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
reckless
Grade 1

hi Ted:

I d-loaded the TM files for today at Indiana Downs before I came online to paceandcap and this warning tread.

The adjusted lines were a joke... the turf races at Churchill was so off that I originally thought the horse in question probably raced in a steeplechase event . That's when I back went online to email you when I found your email message, and subsequent link back to paceandcap.

While I understand that this problem begins with the Feb. 19 (today) d-loads, there were a few races last nite at Indiana Downs where the horses I bet didn't run anywhere near as well as I thought they'd run. It must have been the adjusments , don't you think?

Could it have been an early sign of poor adjustments, or should I go back to reading The Follow Up?? (I know the answer to that one, guys.)

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-19-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: fixed strike-through font - still don't know how you do that!?!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ralph,

Which Turf races at Churchill (on the IND card)? They all looked pretty normal to me...

The only info I have is that if the PP line has a 0 TrackMaster SR (shown above), and it is a valid line (i.e. horse finished, all Pace of Race calls exist), then the adjusted times will be incorrect. Otherwise, if a TrackMaster SR figure exists, adjusted data should be normal (unless you can cite an example).

I suspect that there was no problem with the quality of any data prior to this (failed) data upgrade. If I hear more, I'll report here.

Ted

Note: Non-RDSS readers, I'm reporting this information here as it affects Sartin programs using TrackMaster data, not just RDSS. Just thought you'd like to know.

R
DSS -
Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
MIKE
Grade 1

Ted

Ted
--has this got anything to do with their new run -up distance and temporary rail placement info ???
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote