Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Programming yourself to win

Otherwords I am seeing me in the future being able to use RDSS so easily and effortlessly that I will be winning more and more races because of RDSS, without a doubt, no maybe I will do better, but absolutely 100% become a better player because of RDSS and my understanding of it as a tool to help me win. Thats what I see in my mind, my dream/subconscious whatever you call it, basically telling/progamming me to become what I want to, and thats a winner.

I believe that is in one of the follow ups, also in other self-help things like TM and Tony Robbins , Napolean Hill,etc.. seeing the future and seeing you a winner thru study and practice, because you now have the tool to win, and you then need to program your mind that you will be a winner, well I am doing that and will become a winner soon enough, like so many others here.

Are there any here who mind sharing your story on howyou became the winner you are today, was it a seminar with Doc and Jim, or another Great handicapper, or you just read this book and or that program, like Napolean Hill's PMA (positvie mental attitude) booklet, orTony Robbins,or just your own reliazation that change had to be made and you did the following and it made you a better person and a better player too?

I ask about this because I feel that to become a winner , you must be a winner in life too, you must have an attitude of a winner,your confidence must be off the charts, doubt does not exist with in you when you make your wagers, because you know you are makingthe best informed decision you can and that have the confidence in your ability, not doubts or second guesses, and you became that way thru the years or struggling or maybe you came into racing that way and applied your winning attitude to handicapping,this may be very few people, but I do believe it has happened for those who have this mental toughness/ability/attitude,whatever you call it they have winners personality, not that of a loser. Do you guys think this true, I do

I also think that the few who reach this plateau have no problem with trying to pass this ability on to others, teaching you and or showing you how they became people with winning attitudes and what helped them to become that way, if asked to, as they are now so happy they would love to share this with others, because it was shared to them and also they know that very few will ever actually change their ways to become a person with that winners mentality, and they do not feel threatened by trying to share it, unlike sharing a special handiacpping angle with everyone, which if known would cost them money eventually, this is different, and part of being a winner in life also, not just a winning handicapper , to share how you got there and help other to achieve what have now,that serenity of knowing you are a winner, a success in life as well horse play.

Well I am trying to attain that attitude, and boy do I have tough road ahead of me and it will not be easy nor will be that hard, and if you have any books or suggestions to help me become the winner I know that I be,then please share them as I will enternally greatful for any help in this area,which also encompassess a major life change for me, but one that must be done for me to become the winner I should be, the winner I deserve to be,and the winner I willl be. This also pertains to me as a person to , not just horses, so it also means getting my health in order, as it is a major part of my life ,I have embarked on that journey, stumbling out the gate most definetely, with a New Clam Chodwer yesterday , but I am in New England, NH actually, and it was fantastic, but I also accomplished many other important things cocncerning my health yesterday, more in one day than the last 4 years combined , too many to list here and too personal too, if interested PM me I will share with you,as I you who have achieved success will also share with me, how you did it, one step at a time, like I must do literally one step at a time, one day at a time, where'd to get the support you needed, family friends or new found associaites,because your old friends were holding you back ,how did you overcome this,see so many questions and no one to ask about them.

Well wish me luck on my attempt to journey into a whole new life changing experience as my life now needs to change, without a doubt and only I can change it, ( besides maybe hitting the lottery,lol, ) and it isn't that hard they say if you are only serious about doing it, ( I always wondered who the hell "they" were) , wellI am serious and need to change,so here I go.

Thank you

patrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

better late than never. Always was instructed that, psychologically, our first phase of personality development was self love.

Maybe parenting has changed, but I was set on a collision course as being the ONLY member of my family to attend college, let alone finish it. Success was an aspiration taught as attainable after accepting the fact that failure is always around as an equal, though opposite function.

I lived by the words of Thomas Edison :" .....many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." As I sat at my desk looking at the 33 rejection letters from medical school taped to that wall I remembered what he said, then re-doubled efforts to prove all of them wrong.

Thomas Watson, a founder of IBM phrased it differently but had the same idea "If you want to succeed, DOUBLE your failure rate."
Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Tim Y
turf historian

Read a good guide to life changing in Wayne Dyer's Your Erroneous Zones
Old 09-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

wish you luck/skill

Patrick

If many of Doc's writings its mentioned that the thirst to succeed
comes from a childhood moment or some other reason like
an afliction that will cause you to want to do what many mainstream
or "parent" influences says you can't do.

In my case it was a life changing moment . Soon after my divorce
I needed to escape and do something with myself.

I was lucky to run into Richie, He led me down many roads, always teaching and encouraging me to be happy He led me to Doc, then to Jim Bradshaw
Each step along the way. I had a thirst

I can sum it all up on one moment. Many steps have built this winning mindset The event that changed me was devoteing myself to Doc and The Sartin Methodology. It was realizing without an education or good looks
or a winning personality i was going to have to make it with guts and heart
and I had to do it for myself

I can sum up all that I worked for in a scene from the movie
Rocky. Adrian and Rocky are talking the night before the big
fight . Rocky says "It really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. No one's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standing, I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

I saw myself and said that if i worked hard and gave it my best shot
even if i just stayed above water and never tapped out I could believe in myself with anything I attempted

The hard work paid off

I can run up those stairs. I have people who love me
and I love many people

with out that desire not lose I would have failed

Thats what did it for me

Wishing you good skill and luck finding your way

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Something told me you 2 overcame something and both decided to make it and refused to settle for not making it, prove them wrong, just rings with so much passion and determination, I just think this time I too have that same desire and determination too.

Thank you

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote