Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
90% 1 or 2 BL I don't know whether to laugh , cry or toss Spec out the Window because at my absolute BEST I can't get in the same Country let alone zip code of that kind of performance... Great Job. Any line selection tips for us morons?
No doubt. And all this from someone who tried to beat Rachel Alexandra and Colonel John in his last two attempts.

There's theory and then there's factual evidence.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank you Richie

I have no doubt in your and Barb's ability , you both are beyond exceptional, kinda like Royalty in the Sartin Methodology, this is meant as the highest of compliments, you learned from Doc and Jim personally, few have had that chance, you were blessed as one of them who did, and it seems they chose wisely as you seem to be someone who can pass it along to the next generation,like me and others here on the board, and Barb has had the best of teachers and is from what I hear the best of students, and Ted also manages to update and keep the Methodology going into the computer age and with Doc's approval mind you, and why not , Ted's work here is fantastic, he too is a fantastic teacher, and Barb while a testimonial to the validity of the Method,and her prowess is legendary already, and people are very impressed with her ability and rightly so, she has the best teachers and is probally the best student, maybe ever, and she has fun, the time of her life it seems, and why not, if I was her I would, you go Barb.

This is the reason I continue on, with stories like this and when it comes to Richie and Barb, man to be a fly on ythe wall during their brainstorming sessions, think about it, to be in on a session with , Jim and Richie, or Richie and Barb, the only thing better may have been Doc and Jim, too bad a fly only lives for 2 weeks the method will live on forever, thanks to peoplel ike TED and Richie and Barb , Bill and the others, thank to you all.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
barb craven
Grade 1

Patrick

While I'm struck by your flattery, I must say that the only advantage I have over the rest of you is that I came to this cold. Two years ago, as you may know if you read my posts, I knew absolutely nothing about thoroughbred racing or handicapping.

This originally was an experiment to see if someone with no previous background could use RDSS and come up with a credible record using Aline Best as a role model.

I've come a long way and have a long way to go, but I'm paying my dues along the way, keeping individual records of every race I've done, 20 race cycles and building models. There is no way of getting around that.

Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #24
shoeless
Grade 1

Patrick, Just to let you know even though he doesnt have a lot of time to post due to his job that Bill V is no slouch using these programs and that you can learn a lot from him as well.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #25
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Patrick

While I'm struck by your flattery, I must say that the only advantage I have over the rest of you is that I came to this cold. Two years ago, as you may know if you read my posts, I knew absolutely nothing about thoroughbred racing or handicapping.

This originally was an experiment to see if someone with no previous background could use RDSS and come up with a credible record using Aline Best as a role model.

I've come a long way and have a long way to go, but I'm paying my dues along the way, keeping individual records of every race I've done, 20 race cycles and building models. There is no way of getting around that.

Barb
Yes Mam, that is what I too meant, look at you now, you were the talk of the town at the Spa I heard and your capping skills are extraordinary, which is a credit to you and your teachers, and yes you do it as they teach it, there is no shortcuts, which include record and modeling.

But your success is worth the praise , as it is a motivation for me to know I too will succeed ,why because this METHOD WORKS, that's why and you are proof of it, hands down.

Much continued success Mam

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #26
gl45
Grade 1

pk,
yesterday my friend shoe did send me the WO card and asked me to cap a few races and discuss with him the results before the races. I didn't bet because isn't my track, but shoe did win a couple of races for a few bucks. Shoe used to make excuses why he wasn't winning and the reason was because he was using pace lines selection as a handicapping tool rather than contenders selection tool. Now he does the handicapping after the contenders are selected and is winning at better rate. Race #3 was a gimmie I will attach my spread.
My pace line selection is a bit ortodox, you can see the differences. I use Ray Taulbot and a less complex boxcar methods.
The angles help the handicapping process:

ES = Early Speed horse #2 (traits of an early horse)
PGL = Positions Gaining Lengths Horse #8 (traits of a late horse)
A angle= Horse #3 (always a dangerous angle)
PT1+ PT2+ = Current form indicator Horse #7

Get yourself some good handicapping books, read them and take notes.
Good Luck

Last edited by gl45; 08-02-2017 at 08:39 AM.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
Tim Y
turf historian

As a corollary to Woodbine, I suggest any serious payer visit their T-bred website and find out how deeply the Polycrap was tilled as it effects the running styles.

Gallop mastering does little, but deep tilling slows the front end down tremendously.