Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS Info, Reference
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Info, Reference How to obtain RDSS2, get started and learn to use it. (Video and other tutorials)

Old 08-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

navyvet - welcome to school

Many cards are available 2 or 3 days in advance, a few even earlier. Southern California (DMR and SA) tend to be available later, usually the afternoon (ET) of the day before.

If you're up at 7am you can get ALL the cards for the day.

As Bill suggests, you can download everything for the next day starting later in the afternoon the day before. Or earlier for some tracks.

Some people simply download ALL cards ALL the time, and sift through the races available each day looking for sets of race types, or tracks, or whatever where they believe they have the best opportunities (e.g. major tracks, 8+ runners, only-maidens if you like that, non-maidens if you don't, Turf only, Turf-excluded, etc, etc).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #12
navyvet1994
Grade 3

Thanks Bill for putting up with the New Guy or in military terms the FNG. Your answer was what I was looking for. Still have questions so I'll probably drive ypou guys nuts for awhile. Can't learn if one does not asks questions. I find your analysis to be pretty good and I hope to see more.
navyvet1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #13
navyvet1994
Grade 3

To be able to get a full analysis that I want to do. I need Brisnet, Equibase Trackmaster?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #14
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvet1994 View Post
To be able to get a full analysis that I want to do. I need Brisnet, Equibase Trackmaster?
Hello, navyvet.

Equibase owns Trackmaster and last time I checked, Trackmaster was making the speed figures for Equibase. Of course, Trackmaster also provides the data files for RDSS.

Brisnet is owned by Churchill Downs Inc. For purposes of cross-pollination, so to speak, I use the Bris PPs to supplement RDSS. Several of the best players on P&C also use Bris with RDSS. Although I don't have documentation to back it up, getting your information from two independent sources seems like a good idea, but that's just my opinion.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvet1994 View Post

You may get competing opinions from as wide an array of sources as you like, risking only being overloaded or conflicted

As for using RDSS, you need a TrackMaster RDSS data plan. RDSS obtains certain ratings from TwinSpires which it displays in its screens, for which you don't need a TS account - it just shows up (at least, in the next version, soon).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #16
navyvet1994
Grade 3

Smile

I'm already in Twip Spires which is good then though my bank in there is poor for now. It's through using the Methodology and watching, listening and reading, for now, Yourself, Bill V and FTL that i think I can accumulate quite a bit of knowledge and start making a profit.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #17
navyvet1994
Grade 3

I'm trying to download the examples from 2013 as I want to use them as a teaching tool and to work them and try to see if I can "pick the winners" without looking at results and start to set up a niche I can be comfortable with. When i try it all I get is garbage? Am I missing something to get it in my database?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Navy,

1. any RDSS databases you could download, or any .DB file (RDSS database) found on your \rdss2.1\data folder (or anywhere else), cannot be opened except in RDSS. You can't open it by clicking on it in your Windows File Explorer - it just looks like gibberish.

Instead, simply use the RDSS Data Mgmt Tool on the RDSS Desktop to switch to a different RDSS database then restart RDSS with that database (see the Data Mgmt tool Video above about that if you can't figure it out)

2. Those 2013 databases are already included when you install RDSS. You don't need to download them from the Example Databases page. Plus, you can download many other Example databases and try your hand at them too.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #19
navyvet1994
Grade 3

That's what I did. (trial and error works) sucked on Aqueduct not doing bad with PARX for 2013. The trick is to knock out the scratches without looking at final results. Following FTL's guidelines seems to work quite well.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:51 PM   #20
navyvet1994
Grade 3

does the program automatically account for scratches or do we have to remove the horse when they happen?