Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #201
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Please read the Announcement about the update: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...74&postcount=1 the part in red letters.
>> If you have assembled a race using a previous version of RDSS, please re-assemble it to display properly in this new version. <<
You downloaded and first assembled that Belmont card using a previous version. If you re-assemble that card in the updated version (V2.1.049.11) everything will look normal. Same goes for the other card you downloaded today.

Good luck at the Belmont opener!

Ted
Hey Ted thanks!
I got that all squared away. Unfortunatley now im having an error message issue.

Everytime I click on a race or even open RDSS I get this, any ideas?
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #202
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Apparently, you have to be connected to the Internet to not get that message. That should definitely be corrected! If you can have internet access while running RDSS, I believe you will not experience that.

I am striving to get an update, as mentioned in the Announcement, covering the short-term things I was aiming for, but I had to release this emergency update first due to TwinSpires changes which crippled the previous V2.1.048-a.

I think I will hold off on the next update until AFTER Kentucky Derby so as to not cause any problems at the worst time

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #203
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Apparently, you have to be connected to the Internet to not get that message. That should definitely be corrected! If you can have internet access while running RDSS, I believe you will not experience that.

I am striving to get an update, as mentioned in the Announcement, covering the short-term things I was aiming for, but I had to release this emergency update first due to TwinSpires changes which crippled the previous V2.1.048-a.

I think I will hold off on the next update until AFTER Kentucky Derby so as to not cause any problems at the worst time

Ted
Okay thanks for the quick response Ted. I appreciate your help
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:03 AM   #204
barb craven
Grade 1

Morning Ted. I encountered a problem with WO this morning. Last night I downloaded both OP and WO (both of which worked fine yesterday)This morning I went to assemble them. OP assembled properly as usual, but when I tried to assemble WO It wouldn't do it and the screen looked like this. Name:  woopening screen.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  82.3 KB
I right clicked to reassemble and it would only do one race at a time, but finally (I thought ) finished. and it looked like this.Name:  wo27 1.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  78.0 KB
I opened race 2 and got this screen. Name:  wo27.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  101.0 KB
Curious, I followed through and the analysys screen was empty .Name:  wo analysis.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  56.3 KB,
but when I clicked on each horse, they came upName:  wo1pp.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  145.0 KB.
but nothing appears on the analysis sscreen. I went back and unclicked the do not duplicqte and downloaded it again and restarted RDSS2. with the same results. Any thoughs?

Last edited by barb craven; 04-27-2019 at 06:06 AM.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #205
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Barb, here's what I tested, Version 2.1.049.11.

Yesterday downloaded WO and OP (and everything else).

This morning, assembled ALL races for WO. The 0 MTP mark indeed came up on Race 8, but then after a moment it switch to Race 1 = 99 MTP.

I checked Entries for Race 1, then all other races. Every race Entries, Analysis screens and horse PPs appear normal.

I have Paceline Selections Strategy set to automatically select pacelines during race assembly.

Sorry, I was not able to duplicate your screen shots for any race . May I suggest you restart RDSS, open Woodbine, click the Clear Cache button on the Card Summary screen, then reassemble ALL races. See if that rights things? I'm not sure why that happened.

FYI, when you right-click on a race to reassemble it, it will ONLY reassemble that individual race. To reassemble ALL races, you should Clear the Cache first of all races, then click Assemble ALL.

I will assemble ALL races for some other tracks to see if anything appear abnormal.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-27-2019, 09:37 AM   #206
barb craven
Grade 1

That fixed the problem. Thanks Ted.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #207
rainman
AlwNW1X

had the same problem today at OP...the first 3 and 9th races came up like this

the other races worked fine.

also got this error when i tried to export the data file to my model on the 1st 3 and 9th races...the other races exported with no problem.

i re downloaded the file cleared the cache and reassembled those 4 races but had the same problem
Attached Images

rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:21 AM   #208
Ted Craven
Grade 1

rainman, I'm sorry I have no ideas why some races on that OP card yesterday assembled and displayed correctly and some others did not. Nor why some races' exports to Excel produced that error message and others not.

I can see WHY that error message might occur and I have fixed it for the forthcoming update, but it should occur with ALL races all the time, yet it does not. I don't understand that. But the update should fix that.

I read your message to mean that the improper Entries screen displays were solved by re-assembling - you did not say they were not solved. Only that the Export error message persisted despite re-downloading and reassembling.

Did I get that right?

Please let me know by email if future races exhibit the same error message.

Thanks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #209
rainman
AlwNW1X

Sorry Ted for not being very clear. I have my pace line selections set for automatic selection but for some reason the first 3 and 9th race would not select pace lines. I could click on the horses number and manually select a pace line for these 4 races and they were the only races that would not export. Hope this explains it a little better and thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I just had a glitch somewhere as i have never had this happen before.
rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #210
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well that's odd . I didn't work Oaklawn yesterday but I just now assembled both those races with auto-paceline selection set and everything assembled quite normally.

Again, somethings I understand and somethings I don't . Please do keep me posted by email if similar happens for you in upcoming race cards.

Ted

R
DSS -