Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 02-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
thelyingthief
Grade 2

AOdds Gold

I have lost my copy of AOdds Gold. Does anyone know if this is still available for sale?
BRIS continues support of data files for this.
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

Having used Aodds Gold I can truly say its ability to get winners pales in comparison to todays RDSS.

Aodds Gold is supported by Bris with a Silver version that never was as good as the version Jimmy sold or Aoods Gold. I still have mine however I wouldn't give it away etc. to anyone. Not because it has any value but because I would be mis-leading you to your main objective of winning and sending down a path of destruction

None of these old programs can compare to todays winning getting ability of todays present day RDSS. Sartin kept anything that proved of value and got rid of the trash of those things that proved inefficient.

Fascination or obsession with something doesn't relate to winning potential however proven Factors and modern approaches have far exceeded those of the past. Adapt and overcome or perish.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
thelyingthief
Grade 2

well mitch, it isn't a matter of misleading but answering a request. my intentions, and your discretion are irrelevant to the request, it seems to me. I do not use rdss, not will I ever, it's that simple. I have not used bris files, but I might want to use them in the future; @ a buck a shot, it's better than any of the other alternatives, thank you.

So, thanks for doing my thinking for me, it's a grand gesture, waving your possession before my nose, whilst denying me access. Seems that's the prevalent attitude here, i got it,. But doing it with a preposterously moral overtone? Very, very political, and comically so.

thanks.

Last edited by Bill V.; 02-27-2020 at 04:16 PM. Reason: negative tone
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

thelyingthief:

I spent 20 years in the military and place a high degree on integrity (honesty) and would not lead one down a path of destruction. You can choose your own path and become a loser etc. That's a personal choice but not one I'll make for them, their free to choose as are you any direction or fork in the road, so be it.

On this site I try to pass on my knowledge and experiences to prevent the hardships I've endured in this journey. I have no stake in RDSS, that is I get no royalties for recommending it etc. In fact I disagree with some here who promote old programs and don't care who doesn't like it. Rdss is Ted's program and him and Bill V. own the site, that ownership allows them to control it and run it the way they choose. I do know one thing having personally know Sartin and that is if he were alive he would not condone these old programs.

I don't know where you come off as "waving your possession before my nose. " Apparently you confuse good advise with not getting your way. So childish indeed. . . . " with a preposterously moral overtone? Very, very political." First of all I see absolutely nothing political about this whatsoever. I'm proud to have integrity and the courage to tell it like it is.

Life has thicken and hardened my skin and if you thing your comments will send me on some quilt trip and rush out to the post office, all I can say it only hardened my resolve. Don't hold your breath!!

To resort to name calling says volumes about you and more that it does about me. Perhaps your screen name says more about you than I ever thought it did, and maybe says it all.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 02-27-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #5
papajohn3times
Grade 1

Excellent reply Mitch! I as do many others rely on your integrity and your giving much of your time to ADVISE and truly help those who ask for it. I would never have progressed if not for you,along with Ted of course,lt1(Tim) Mitch,Jeebs and Bill V.
I still have some questions for you Mitch and I still have some questions to ask when I get time to do so.
I for one respect and am so thankful for having someone like you and the others to help me progress

Thanks again my friend! Will call soon
John

Last edited by papajohn3times; 02-27-2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Mispelled!
papajohn3times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #6
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks papajohn3 times, your comments smooth the soul. Call me anytime when your up to it.

Mitch44
Old 02-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #7
elocutionist
Grade 3

Hi Mitch, I would like to thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Phil
elocutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #8
Mitch44
Grade 1

Your welcome Phil, wishing you great success.

Mitch44
Old 02-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyingthief View Post
Seems that's the prevalent attitude here, i got it,. But doing it with a preposterously moral overtone? Very, very political, and comically so.

thanks.
Thief -

Feel free to clarify what you mean by this, but in a factual and non-editorial manner, if you don't mind (otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about).

Some facts: since the beginning of this site, we have NEVER condoned public sharing of any of Sartin's older software. I know it goes on behind the scenes, and I do not stress about that. The policy stems from respecting copyright. (I don't want people to share RDSS either). So, that policy is consistent. If you are challenging that policy, well, feel free to (but I won't change it).

The exception has also always been - if you can prove you bought an older program from Sartin (or Bradshaw) - e.g. have an original disk, a receipt, etc - then if someone has a copy they can help you out (e.g. you send your disk, you get a digital copy or a working disk, whatever). That policy won't change either.

We have a Classic Sartin Programs Forum to help people get their older programs working, if possible. People asked if automated export of data from RDSS to older programs was possible, and yes it was/is.

So, I don't think the case can reasonably be made that we don't support older Sartin programs as best we can, within chosen boundaries. Several others on this site like to use older programs they have owned, and ask for help with them and how they can recover their defunct programs. Some also use RDSS, some do not. They are not second class members here.

Hyperbole doesn't work as well as some people think it does, and the owners of this site do try to stay away from language like that. Some users of RDSS think it is the 'best thing since sliced bread' and are not shy of expressing their opinions (as I take it, neither are you). They speak for themselves (and with my gratitude for their enthusiasm and mentoring work). I myself could care less if you use RDSS.

You could probably get what you want (Aodds) if you just persisted and waited for someone no longer using theirs to provide it to you (either giving it to you privately, or publicly by someone who believed in our above-noted policy asking for the proof of ownership I mentioned above). Or you can try stomping your feet and huffing and puffing.

But unless you can elaborate on what's bugging you about the 'prevalent attitude' around here or 'moral overtone' or 'very ... political' and 'comical' - well, as I said, I for one have no idea what you're talking about.

Next race ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #10
cratman
cratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
thelyingthief:

I spent 20 years in the military and place a high degree on integrity (honesty) and would not lead one down a path of destruction. You can choose your own path and become a loser etc. That's a personal choice but not one I'll make for them, their free to choose as are you any direction or fork in the road, so be it.

On this site I try to pass on my knowledge and experiences to prevent the hardships I've endured in this journey. I have no stake in RDSS, that is I get no royalties for recommending it etc. In fact I disagree with some here who promote old programs and don't care who doesn't like it. Rdss is Ted's program and him and Bill V. own the site, that ownership allows them to control it and run it the way they choose. I do know one thing having personally know Sartin and that is if he were alive he would not condone these old programs.

I don't know where you come off as "waving your possession before my nose. " Apparently you confuse good advise with not getting your way. So childish indeed. . . . " with a preposterously moral overtone? Very, very political." First of all I see absolutely nothing political about this whatsoever. I'm proud to have integrity and the courage to tell it like it is.

Life has thicken and hardened my skin and if you thing your comments will send me on some quilt trip and rush out to the post office, all I can say it only hardened my resolve. Don't hold your breath!!

To resort to name calling says volumes about you and more that it does about me. Perhaps your screen name says more about you than I ever thought it did, and maybe says it all.

Mitch44
I recollect Howard saying at a seminar that one should use whatever works for you and only move on to another if it improves your results.
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote