Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Beta Testers Questions & Answers - CLOSED Please make new posts in the main RDSS Forum

Old 03-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Screens

Hello Ted

Is there any chance that users of RDSS could also get a copy of
Val 2006 if the just can't easily see the screens

I have no idea if this could work but
lets say you open up the RDSS Desktop, Then click a tab and
Val 2oo6 pops up. What would be cool is if lines could be picked, and the data could be saved and then sent over to RDSS to see all the cool stuff on that program
That would make me very happy

I guess you all are seeing what Richie as seen for years
Bill just wants to have VAL 2 / 3 Back!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
MIKE
Grade 1

How about everybody getting a copy of VAL 2006 !!!!!!!!!!!!????????
Old 03-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Val 2006

Bill, Mike,

After Equibase/TrackMaster changed their Speed Rating and Daily Track Variant system in Feb 2006 (and by definition, changed the way Val derived the TrackMaster Intertrack variants) I tinkered with the Validator3 code to see if I could update the SR, DTV and ITV forumulae so they would be correct again.

I did a study of the corrected results and sent it to Doc Sartin last Summer. I asked him what I should do with the so-called Val2006. He replied to me personally and also wrote a letter which Bill posted on Pace and Cap (http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468). However, he did not give any direction at all as to what should happen with Val2006, so I have done nothing. It is not my software - you could write to Doc and ask again.

That said - RDSS is Val2006!! When it is released, it will produce exactly the same numbers as Val2006 if you want it to (testers: it does not currently); the same variable length formula, the same projection and extraction formula (for better or for worse); all the same readouts and screens, just laid out somewhat differently. I will release a video comparing Val2006 and RDSS side by side, showing where to find all the Val screens, demonstrating the identical numbers.

I will be able to make RDSS have bigger fonts. Even then, it won't look like Validator, though the numbers can be the same, if you like.

I am eternally grateful to Doc for what he created in his Methodology and epitomized in Validator. I would like to think that had he continued on and had the resources to hire a good Windows programmer, he would surely have evolved his software beyond DOS to a new platform for the new millennium.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
admin
Administrator

Ted

Thank You Ted

You and Richie have been helping so much through this
nightmare I call the Trackmaster massacre
If I would just listen to you two guys I would save myself
lots of grief
Richie just told me that word for word
that RDSS is going to be Val 2006 which is Val 3 pre 020206

I was just mixed up that RDSS test version is not Val 2006
readouts

if you can PM me at my aol mail
I need to talk
Bill
Old 03-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill,

Just for the record, that should be the 'Equibase massacre' (but TrackMaster massacre sounds more poetic): TrackMaster was against the change, but they had to go along with Equibase.

Also, I'm sure you meant: Val2006 is Val3c post Feb 2, 2006. Val2006 is Val3c after I fixed it to cope with the data-provider changes which occurred in Feb 2006.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
admin
Administrator

Val 2006

I apologize to Trackmaster and to Equibase
Your right Ted , my dream is that RDSS will give me the readouts Val 3 was giving me before 02/01/06