Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 04-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Revised Energy Worksheet

I made some changes to the worksheet so if you enter data while in the worksheet it will automatically average some fields for you. At the top you can see the fields that can be averaged are a light pastel like color. As you enter data in these fields the averages will display in the yellow colored cells at the bottom. I have tabs for the most common distances. Of course you can just print them out also. The UXR and MUV were the fields that Doc said you should model. I also put med energy in and the Mutual of your winners. I will be putting out a Thoromation worksheet in a seperate post.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Energy Worksheet2.xls (60.0 KB, 681 views)
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Ever come up with a Synergism worksheet especially to use with either 3 or 4.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

shoe, never had Synergism 3 or 4. I am not sure what the readouts look like in these programs.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

3 KEY corrolaries to be considered for use in my opinion:

1) Adjusted total energy rank
2) Early exdc rank
3) late exdc rank

in NON early variegated races ( Presser, Sus/Presser, Sustained) horses showing f1 Energy percentages of 35.80 and higher can be tossed immediately for win consideration.

Rich
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,In the Pirco days Doc and the gang warned about using rankings alone.They repeatedly said you need to look at the fractions to get a whole picture of the race.Any thoughts on this?Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless
Richie,In the Pirco days Doc and the gang warned about using rankings alone.They repeatedly said you need to look at the fractions to get a whole picture of the race.Any thoughts on this?Jeff
I really dont know Jeff. Only started milling around a bit lately. Others here who have FAR more knowledge.

I posted what I see that stands out like proverbial "sore thumb". Even a novice like me sees it right away

Hope your Mom is hanging tough big bro. Was thinking about her and u this morning.
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Houndog
Grade 1

shoe, the important readouts for me in the ENERGY! program is the Varius screen with the EMUV, SMUV, and UXR readings. These are the actual numbers with low being best. Another important screen is the Match-Up Exdc (the actual numbers) low being best. To me the least important screen is the rankings sort.

shoe, you can use whatever method that you feel comfortable with as far as contender and paceline selection. I really don't have any rules, but I think you get more proficient with practice. Michael Pizzolla said he has entered thousands of pacelines to get better at it. At that time they were using + - 0 for paceline selection. Visual ESP. APV, Pizzolla PBS numbers, and later Phase1(TPR) numbers for contenders. Also Doc mentioned for ENERGY! and THOROMATION do not enter more than 9 beaten lengths for any fraction. This only applies to these 2 programs.

In the Match-Up EXDC look for 0.00 in any of the 3 columns. If they have 0.00's in more than 1 column so much the better. These types are always dangerous. I will stress that the ENERGY! sort EP PR HE SP LX FX is the least powerful screen in ENERGY! I would look at the MUV though and Model that number. You will find that at certain tracks and distances horses cannnot have an MUV greater than a certain number and win.

Last edited by Houndog; 04-24-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
Houndog
Grade 1

shoe, I would use the ENERGY! worksheet to model the more important read-outs. This sheet I converted to an Excel spreadsheet and it is almost an exact reproduction of the sample worksheet on the back of the ENERGY! manual.