Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

With the refinements in the adjustments and newer readouts in the present day RDSS a model really isn't a necessity as it was in earlier programs.

Those readouts and adjustments took it to new heights and actually improved on the Match Up also. The Match Up is the ultimate determination for deciding on whose wins any race.

That is all contained in the present day RDSS readouts. It'll match them up and spit them out for you. Money management and control is going to be your biggest burden. More mistakes are made there than anywhere else.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:44 AM   #12
Mitch44
Grade 1

Now the big questions, do I need to keep a track profile or model of all this to win? Absolutely not!!

Earlier I recommended you read F U # 80, starting on pg. 12 FACTORS ALTERED BY TIME. pg.14 Sartin quote; " In reality a horse's perceived running style is secondary to the running patterns of all the other viable contenders in a race. The competitive match up." The Probability Convergence takes care of all this and it's all within the V/DC rating. Note: Also, in some other readouts within RDSS

One can have tracks such as PRX or MTH that tend to but not always run fast, however all the contenders in the race could be S or SP types. Do enough races and you'll see this. The Match Up within the race your handicapping is what will determine the winner not an old cumbersome outdated model.

Lastly a model is useless depending on how they groom the track the day you're playing. Frequently on big race days its speeded up or slowed down on others. I've seen it change throughout the racing day.

The Match Up of the contenders within any race supersedes any model. It is the model for any race being handicapping and occurs in real time, not something from a different Match Up sometime in the past. I agree with Sartin 100% on this.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-09-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 08:47 PM   #13
dadams6357
Grade 2

how about class in regards to models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Bill. I don't think I ever heard of that use for a model. As one who keeps models by surface and dist I stick to the traditional Brohamer approach. I model the 7 primary factors
plus %med,VDC, and 3fr. I note the factor[s] where the winner has the most top 2 ranks. I have found by focusing on top 2 rankings gives a clearer picture of most potent factor[s]. I do same for the place horse. Good luck with your approach.
Tim
Tim
So your just breaking your models into surface and distance.
Is your distance broken down into like just sprints and routes or
the actual distance 5f 5.5f 6f etc?
The next question do you include class? Do you think that class makes
a difference? I find if I break things down into class it is to hard to get enough lines to wonder if the model information is relevant?

Don
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:01 AM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Don. I model by actual dist 5.5 ,6 etc. For modeling purposes I don't include 2yr olds races, mdn races, or Graded races. I do note races for 3 yr olds only. I don't find that much difference at all since I play mid to low level tracks.
Tim