Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS Info, Reference
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Info, Reference How to obtain RDSS2, get started and learn to use it. (Video and other tutorials)

Old 12-11-2022, 06:24 PM   #111
Lt1
Grade 1

Well done Mitch. Nice to see the monkey is still in form.
Tim
Old 12-11-2022, 10:12 PM   #112
ranchwest
Grade 1

That's a good day, Mitch!
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #113
DanBoals
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Yes, I'm well aware of some of the faults of workouts. What doesn't have a fault? Fact is we must use what we have available and take every advantage. Incorporating workouts into your form analysis instead of instant gratification will improve one's ability.
I am surprised that someone who is "down with Sartin" would have this attitude. I wish you had it when I brought up the vectors.

I have been reading the old Follow Ups, which is what kindled my interests in the vectors. I am almost finished with them, and I am currently on Issue 85, where Howard says:

Workouts - Follow Up #85, page 51
2: Workouts. We show them (F-5). Considering them often does more harm than good. We no longer have Workouts for 1st Time Starters.

That is word for word from Howard. Issue and page given.

Personally, I use every bit of information I can get my hands on. I like seeing the RDSS add what it can. No one is forcing us to use any piece of info we do not want. So, like your desire for workout info that Howard says does more harm than good, why is it, that you do not show the same respect for other info that would help other people?
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:33 PM   #114
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sigh ...

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 04:02 PM   #115
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Sigh ...
This thread is about the upcoming added workout analysis/form improvements readouts. Let's not add distracting discussion unrelated to that core thread subject. A few people have access to an early version of that analysis (warts and all): further discussion of successes (and challenges) using that are welcomed.

Private Message is a good venue for unrelated or tangetial conversation, thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 04:42 PM   #116
Mitch44
Grade 1

My attitude is always the same and was when Vectors was brought up. Sartin on
workouts, Sartin; "Considering them often does more harm than good." Accurate and correct quote.

Having been a Ray Taulbot devotee prior to Sartin, I can testify that Sartin workout criteria was obtained from Ray Taulbout long before Sartin ever came about. Sartin used the best from everyone and brought the best at that time together for a greater good and achievement.

Ray Taulbot's theory was that any horse that can work out in 12 per furlong was a sound horse. It was both an indication of fitness and soundness.

Sartin; "Considering them often does more harm than good." And for the majority This is accurate and true. I'm able to zig and zag and to this day I still use them but not like others do. I employ them situational to specific criteria.

For the majority I don't recommend them as they'll misuse it much like % Med. Which BTW most don't also use properly.

I was given Entropy at a 1990 seminar for testing purposes, loved it. In fact, after finding RDSS I tried to get Ted o keep it within the program. But agree with Ted in that its child's play as compared to what replaced it. Those wishing to become a complete handicapper, increase their bottom line and get more winners would profit considerably with its replacement.

"So, like your desire for workout info that Howard says does more harm than good, why is it, that you do not show the same respect for other info that would help other people?" Like Howard moved people along and Ted with Entropy those with resistance to change must be coached along. And those that don't? Well, that fine too and may their carcass's litter the highways, because we need their contribution to the game as someone must pay winners.

To get to point B from point A sometimes requires a change in planes, trains or highways.

Mitc44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-23-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:14 AM   #117
Mitch44
Grade 1

Just to let you know that this angle is still very valid. I caught this winner and Ex. in the 6th at OP on 23 Apr. The 5, a FTS won and paid $29.80, and the $2 Ex. paid $ 163.40.

Apr 23 4:32:50 PM Complete Oaklawn Park 6 Win $8.00 5 $8.00 $119.20 $111.20
Apr 23 4:32:50 PM Complete Oaklawn Park 6 Exacta $4.00 1,5/1,5,8,9 $24.00 $326.80 $302.80

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:22 AM   #118
Lt1
Grade 1

Nice work Mitch.
Tim
Old 04-27-2023, 09:53 AM   #119
Lt1
Grade 1

Mitch hopefully more folks will pay attention to your work. Unfortunately you can only lead them to the water. They must decide to drink it. Sadly many choose to remain in the past.
Tim
Old 04-28-2023, 10:08 AM   #120
darmar
Grade 1

Great to see you in good shape Mitch. Now let the monkey get back to work and hit more big ones.
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote