Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 12-05-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
ray lopez
Grade 1

Synthesis - for Dan Boals

11-30-2022 Race 7 6f CL-16000

According to my 3.5 floppy,this was The Doc's Private Method...and for Dan Boals,here are some of the readouts...
Attached Images

ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
ray lopez
Grade 1

I put in my 4 win contenders only...
Old 12-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #3
ray lopez
Grade 1

11/30 -this was PRX race 7 ...
Old 12-05-2022, 11:17 PM   #4
ray lopez
Grade 1

...using main contenders,manual input wasn't too bad...when i got this program,Shane told me to pay attention to the vector graph...i wished i paid extra attention to what he said,but i guessed at that time i got mesmerized by too much info...'the vector graph'...
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2022, 02:34 AM   #5
Henrio
AlwNW3X

Sir, is it a manual input program?
Henrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:56 AM   #6
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Ray,

I bought Synthesis manual entry and trackmaster download from Sartin in 1999 and went to see him about it in Beaumont in 2000 when I was having problems winning. When he found out I was a software developer he got me to help him with the software.

I posted the corrected manual entry version of Synthesis on the Sartin Alums website like 10 years ago for people that were interested in it. I also have the source code for it on an old Zip drive and on one of my old hard drives which is not currently hooked up to a computer.

I know what you mean about talking to Shane. There were so many things that Howard said to me that did not make sense at that time. In 2000, when I met with him to get help, I had probably only bet on 300-400 horse races in my entire life. I have an almost photographic memory, so I recall a lot of things he said, but it is amazing how many of the things he said to me did not make sense until I actually handicapped a lot of races. Then and only then the things Howard said fell into place for me.

The vector graphs are funny, I just rediscovered them. If you look at the opening week at FG, at the 5.5f dirt races, you can see that then winning horses started to make their move in the 2nd fraction, and then finished the 3rd fraction strong. Of course thanksgiving week it rained and everything switched to early, but it will be interesting to see how the patterns go thru the meet.

According to Howard, Bradshaw got his start by doing lots of graphs by hand back in the early and mid 80's. These were the precursors to what became the vector graphs. Howard was really taken with them in 2000 when I met him. He folded up the methodology within 2 years and things kind of forked with Ted going forward with RDSS and Guy doing Speculator. It would be interesting to know what would have happened with these vectors had Howard stayed in business.

Thankfully we have Ted who has given us the wonderful excel exports. These are one of my absolute favorite things ever with the Sartin Software. It is relatively easy to use your own exports to see what, with your own unique handicapping, are the things you should be paying attention to. This has helped me to go from someone who broke even to someone that is making money on a regular basis. The exports are just incredible as far as I am concerned. I am really looking forward to the vectors someday being able to be exported into Excel and modeled at each distance at each track.

Thanks,
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
ray lopez
Grade 1

Dan,

this is a 'golden nugget' if i was you i would probably just keep to myself because of how tough this game is now.But i know you mean well and i also would like to thank you because in going back to this 'old' program and the process that i went through in manual input,i was able to find another 'nugget'.RDSS is a powerful tool,but like you said the vector graph will find those horses that regular readouts will not get...for example,yesterday 12/5 at PRX race 11, #3 did not have the top #s on VDC,CR,PL and BPP but it paid $13...again,thanks Dan...the Doc was really one step ahead of everybody else...
Old 12-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray lopez View Post
Dan,
...for example,yesterday 12/5 at PRX race 11, #3 did not have the top #s on VDC,CR,PL and BPP but it paid $13...again,thanks Dan...the Doc was really one step ahead of everybody else...
Ray, can I ask what DID the #3 horse have going for it?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
ray lopez
Grade 1

Hi Ted....deceleration
Old 12-06-2022, 02:39 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Congratulations on getting that horse. Can't really see it, based on Deceleration. You're welcomed to share more! Or not, no worries.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote