Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Amazon Store & Miscellaneous Library
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Amazon Store & Miscellaneous Library Horse Racing related books, DVDs, the RDSS Ball Cap and other general merchandise from Amazon.com and other vendors

Old 03-06-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
highnote
Maiden

Racing Books For Sale

Ted has graciously allowed me to put a link to my website where I have about a dozen racing books for sale. Ted and I are both friends with Bill Ziemba. Bill is known in racing circles as Dr. Z.

One of the books I have for sale are new copies of "Exotic Betting at the Racetrack". This is Bill's newest racing book.

The rest of the books are used. You can see the entire list at https://johnified.com/SearchAds -- my classified ads website with a twist. I'll explain the twist below.

To see all the racing books for sale first select "Horseracing" from the Categories dropdown list. Then click the button that says "Click Here to Search Ads". You don't need to select a state or city since the only racing books currently on the site are being sold by me.

When the list of books appears simply make note of the "Seller Contact ID Number" that appears at the bottom of each book listed. You can use this number to email me at the bottom of the search page. So for example "Seller Contact ID Number: 4380108912" is the ID Number for Dr. Z's Exotic Betting book. You can enter this number at the bottom of the page along with your email and send me a message about the book.

But here's the twist that you might find more interesting when it comes to buying a book from my site. Each book is listed on a page on my site I call "The Exchange". You can use the link at the top of the page to get to the exchange page. Then when you get to the exchange you can enter the Contact ID Number into the green box and click "Retrieve Ad". This will load Dr. Z's book into the exchange market where you can bid on it like you can bid on a stock in a stock market. You can see some bids that I've already made. These are fake bids that I made so that people can see how the market looks. If you make a bid higher than $45 there is a good chance I will lower the asking price from $50 to $45 and consummate the sale. [hint]

You can enter the Contact ID Number for other books and see them on the exchange, too. Currently, I do not think there are any bids on any of the other books. I just listed the books yesterday.

If you want to make a bid on a book you will need to create a free account. You only need a username and password. There is no registration verification required. It's very simple to get started placing bids.

And if you make a mistake by entering a bid that matches my asking price, but you really don't want the book, don't worry. This is all non-binding. I can remove the bid. I only set up this site because there are some people who don't like to haggle face-to-face. So I created a place where people can bargain online for a better price.

I hope you'll take a look. Feel free to provide feedback. Also, feel free to list your own items for sale on the classified ad site and then create a free account and import them to the exchange.

Thanks for reading and thanks to Ted for letting me post here.

Last edited by highnote; 03-06-2020 at 03:43 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote