Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 02-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #21
rmath
Grade 1

Ted , I have been having a lot of problems with this old computer.
No Skype , very slow when it does work.. It freezes up continually.
So In all honestly I not sure if or what the problems are.
Will let you know when I get the new one.
Dick
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #22
barb craven
Grade 1

Something strange

I downloaded Prx today when race 8 was up and after working it decided to go back a few races and see how they did. I started at race 3 and this was what I got when I opened it up.Name:  parx 3.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  125.6 KB Name:  parx3a.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  78.5 KB.
I restarted RDSS and tried again and got the same thing.

I didn't open any more until race 7 and got thisName:  prz7.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  138.6 KB
Analysis screen was normal. I then went to the real time race 9 and had no trouble after that.

Last edited by barb craven; 02-16-2021 at 05:43 PM.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Barb/Mum, you don't say whether you have any automatic Paceline Selection Strategies set.

If you do - then I'm guessing you're saying the 'something strange' is that Race 3 had no pacelines automatically selected, while Race 7 and other races did. (You know you can always hit the Paceline Selection Tab and get pacelines automatically, right?)

Since this is a Thread about Scratches, I guess you are reporting that Scratches are showing properly under the scenario you described (first assembled races AFTER Scratches were published by TwinSpires), though something else - non-scratch related - is an issue. Yes?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #24
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Lately while working old races for modeling purposes I have had the same thing occur as had Barb. I open a race that had been previously worked and get no lines at all. They all come back when I hit the paceline selection option. My modeling was only concerned with whatever the computer chose as best of last three, etc. so I cannot tell you that my original lines were restored or not.

It does not happen very often, but maybe one in every 25-30 races it happens. I have not had this happen when working live races but then I am only working 10-15 races a day depending on the tracks I follow.

For modeling I always have it set on automatic paceline selection mode
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #25
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Barb/Mum, you don't say whether you have any automatic Paceline Selection Strategies set.

If you do - then I'm guessing you're saying the 'something strange' is that Race 3 had no pacelines automatically selected, while Race 7 and other races did. (You know you can always hit the Paceline Selection Tab and get pacelines automatically, right?)

Since this is a Thread about Scratches, I guess you are reporting that Scratches are showing properly under the scenario you described (first assembled races AFTER Scratches were published by TwinSpires), though something else - non-scratch related - is an issue. Yes?

Ted
I have automatic last line paceline selection. It is always on. The scratches were selected, but nothing else, which is why I posted the blank analysis screen for race 3 as well as the entry screen showing that only the scratches showed. I did hit the automatic paceline selection again and race 3 still showed up as posted. I ended up putting the paceline for each horse in manually. In race 7, the same thing happened on the entry screen, but when I went to the analysis screen everything showed up as normal.

Last edited by barb craven; 02-17-2021 at 02:14 PM.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #26
rmath
Grade 1

Scratch Problems

Since I got my new computer and a new test version (.27 ) I am happy to report that I have not had any of the previous problems with the scratch routine.( Knock on wood ).
Everything appears to be working like it is supposed to.

I thank Ted for letting me test this version and hope that it will soon be made available to all.

Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote