Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-10-2022, 09:14 PM   #11
57viking
Grade 1

I only live 2 hours from Saratoga and I am flexible on dates. It would be great to meet up with fellow board members.
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #12
gandalf380
Grade 1

As mentioned earlier, i will definitely be there Labor Day weekend (closing weekend). For the first time in many years, i will not be there for Alabama weekend. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary that weekend with a party at my sister’s in Massachusetts.

I might be there opening weekend also. It might be nice to get together in the new seating at the top of the stretch. Seats are $40 per person with a view of the track.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:08 PM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
As mentioned earlier, i will definitely be there Labor Day weekend (closing weekend). For the first time in many years, i will not be there for Alabama weekend. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary that weekend with a party at my sister’s in Massachusetts.

I might be there opening weekend also. It might be nice to get together in the new seating at the top of the stretch. Seats are $40 per person with a view of the track.
Charlie - by the bye - congratulations on your and Missy's 50th celebration! I recall several happy dinners over the years when Mum and I took you guys out for dinner in Saratoga for that anniversary. Sorry to miss this one, but I bet you'd rather have your family around you than some degenerate (if loving) horse players . Rain-check!

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #14
cratman
cratman

Quote:

I just made reservations for the 28th until August 3. Hope to be there.
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:06 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelZiemba View Post
Hi all, this is Bill's daughter Rachel. I just wanted to (belatedly) thank you all for sharing your memories of him. He so enjoyed time with you at the track and talking horses - and I enjoyed time with Dad at Saratoga and other tracks. Mom and I really appreciate your memories.

I'm in Saratoga now and will be here most of next week and will be back for Labor Day weekend. If any of you want to meet while I'm here or if you pass through NYC, please be in touch - rachel@ziembainsight.com

Also if any of you would like a copy of any of Dad's latest book on exotic betting, please reach out. I'm happy to ship copies within the US if I knew they were going to a good home.
thanks again and good luck at the track
Rachel

Thank you Rachel for visiting us here and adding your memories of your Dad. I still can't grok that he's not still here somewhere, near some racetrack or sitting in his chair watching markets and writing about it all

It was a pleasure to spend a little time with him and with your Mum, though you and I have not met yet (but hope to one day soon).

I am copying this post of yours to the 2022 Saratoga thread where some folks who will be there this August and who posted in that thread will get pinged and maybe connect with you.

Take care, enjoy Saratoga, onwards.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-12-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:45 PM   #16
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:

Hi, Charlie.
My very best wishes to you and Missy on your 50th anniversary. It's Alabama Saturday and I'm a long way from the Spa but I have wonderful memories. Hope we have the opportunity to make some more.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:45 PM   #17
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
While it doesn't feel like I'm in 'exile' here on the northwest coast , it is a long way from Saratoga and I probably won't be able to attend this year though hopefully several further years to come.

Hopefully the full compliment of activities can resume this year after the pandemic hiatus. Charlie B (gandalf380) has some connections to reserve tables like we have done recently. If there's interest in meeting on a Friday evening at the NHPLAY offices, I can help facilitate it.

I nominate Mick as official photographer (he knows why ).

Good luck everyone!

Ted
If you ever have visited Nanaimo, you'll know why he remains there..End ot the ferry terminal from Vancouver too so only a boat ride away from the BIG city.

The HOME of the bath tub races.