Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 04-12-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
Lefty
Grade 1

Need help with data centre

I am taking RDSS2 Trial. For some reason my computer won't play the data centre video. I dl's Tampa fr Sun but how do I find it to activate the program and start handicapping. On the right it says conversion complete or something like that but where the heck is it?
Thanks in advance.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Lefty,

(Sorry I missed your emails yesterday, I was out for the day.) You Downloaded and Converted Sunday Tampa April 13, so (as of yesterday, and today) that date is in the Future. On the RDSS Sidebar 'Race Cards by Date' section (where you find race cards to open), you will find that card in the Future section. Double-click Future, find the date: 04/13/14 then you will see TAM listed. Double-click that and the races for that card will appear in the screen area on the right (Race Cards Tab).

You said you clicked on the Currently Opened Cards section in the Sidebar but could not see that card - but that's because that card is not currently open. When you open that TAM card as described above, then check the Currently Opened Cards section - there it is! If you open other cards, they'll show up too. If you connect RDSS to the toteboard (the Supertote Desktop button), the next race and Minutes to Post of all open cards will appear.

Re the RDSS Data Centre video not working for you: here is a post in the RDSS FAQ section about watching videos: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=10. It has a link to VideoLan, which is a great, free media player. It plays MP4 type video files quite well.

Here is the link to the RDSS FAQ section, where many interesting (and sometimes vexing) questions are answered: www.rdss2.com/faq.

Good luck Lefty!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
Lefty
Grade 1

How Do I open The Card

Ted, thanks, another dumb q, Where do I find the card to open it? In this case Tam? I'm not at my own computer right now, but wll be tonight, so I can't open the software right now. If I can find the card and open it, hopefully i'll be okay.
Thanks again.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Ted, thanks, another dumb q, Where do I find the card to open it? In this case Tam? I'm not at my own computer right now, but wll be tonight, so I can't open the software right now. If I can find the card and open it, hopefully i'll be okay.
Thanks again.
Lefty,

IF you have Downloaded and Converted the card OK (and my records show you have Downloaded that TAM card for Sunday), then - as discussed above - if you look for it on Saturday, you will find that card in the FUTURE section of the Race Cards by Date (the Sidebar at the left edge of the RDSS screen). Double-click FUTURE, the double-click 04/13/14, then double-click TAM and you will see the races for that Date.

If you do this on Sunday, that card will show under the TODAY section.

Hope that is clear.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Hi Ted!best wishes for your family and yourself.I have a problem can't download pp's from any track,in both my desk and laptop.I just talk to TRACKMASTER and they say that their side is ok. no problem,that the problem is in our side.
I follow the download protocol and this is the response I got;
task download pp's
task convert pp to data base
convert complete ! but actually does not download,convert or convert complete.

need your help boss............ignacio
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ignacio,

IF you did not actually have ANY cards checked, you would get the messages you report.

Can you post a screenshot of your Data Centre. If not, are you sure any cards are checked off to download? Can you describe the Date chosen, the Track(s) chosen - and most importantly, which cards have check-marks against them for the date(s) you chose - i.e. which ones do you expect to be able to download.

Normally you download Santa Anita. Right now, there are no SA cards to download ... (i.e. Saturday is not yet available)

?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #7
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Dear Ted....I just found the problem AND THE PROBLEM IS ME! Santa Anita is dark for Thursday and Friday! my wife is having a field day with me!

thanks for you quick response boss.......ignacio
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
mowens33
Grade 1

Ignacio, your not the only, I was doing the same thing it took me a couple of hours to realize that Golden Gate was dark.
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote