Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 08-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #11
Lt1
Grade 1

Jimmy knew which tracks were faster or slower then others and he did make adjustments in his head. He also always told us to use the computer programs. Remember he wrote many of them and they had adjustment features. If adjustments weren't needed I'm sure that feature wouldn't have been included. Also when he talked about slow horses he was referring to horses that were slow for the track they were coming from
Tim
Old 08-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #12
RichieP
Grade 1

"I bet him because of the corollaries!" - Aline Best

Years ago if you watch how Bill V got down to his final 5 contenders he used a "blending" of the top 5 primary line score along with the top 5 total energy runners. 7.5 BLF or less. Best of the last 3 comparable. He also used the Early/ Late graph a LOT!

Old 08-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man

Readouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
"I bet him because of the corollaries!" - Aline Best

Years ago if you watch how Bill V got down to his final 5 contenders he used a "blending" of the top 5 primary line score along with the top 5 total energy runners. 7.5 BLF or less. Best of the last 3 comparables. He also used the Early/ Late graph a LOT!

Thank you, Richie.

Yes that is the way I used Synthesis, Validator, Speculator, and of course
RDSS. It was a very effective way that Doc recommended. For people to use. Especially if they entered a paceline for every horse in the race

I moved away from that, Because of years of practice I am pretty good at my paceline/contender ability. I am able to get to those horses which most
likely would have been top 5 total energy and Primary linescore.

The Early Late graph has always been a very important tool
The size and color of the sticks, Red or Blue, are so clear to me I actually
handicap mostly from those indicators,

like the guy said

How do I get to Carnegie Hall, Practice, Practice, Practice

Good Skill
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote