Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

The Segments Screen

This is from the Follow Up What we call the segments screen in RDSS used to be called The Incremental Match Up Screen

Name:  INC_1text.PNG
Views: 687
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  inc1_2.PNG
Views: 681
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  INC_3text.PNG
Views: 648
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  INC.PNG
Views: 671
Size:  147.1 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 11-06-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
For The Lead
Grade 1

Bill V Started this thread and I thought it was the appropriate place for the following.

Here is a copy of a post I made in another thread. Please take the time to read it if you haven't read it before.
Name:  previous post.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  previous segment.JPG
Views: 633
Size:  142.3 KB
Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
For The Lead
Grade 1

Ok, having already posted the above, Bill V showed me his segment screen from a race he played in the contest today and, again, I though this would be the perfect place to follow up on my above post.

First, here is the segment screen for Bill's race.

Name:  bills segment.JPG
Views: 626
Size:  74.5 KB

The important thing to note here is the #6 horse in both F1 and SC in the "computed beaten lengths" section, as well as F1 and F2 in the "incremental match up" section.

Bill has the race down to 4 contenders and in the F1 section of both areas it is easy to see that the #6 horse ranks 4th.

Now look at the SC area of the computed beaten lengths section and at the same time, the F2 area (the middle area) of the "incremental match up" section.
Notice that not only does the #6 horse show as the best 2nd fraction (F2) horse on the incremental match up segment, but it is also the "0.0" horse, or the horse that actually has the lead at the 2nd call on the computed beaten lengths section.

When looking at the "segments" screen, it is always advisable to read both the computed beaten lengths section and the incremental match up section together. It will give you a clearer picture of how the race "may" unfold.