Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Discussion and Member Contributions
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Discussion and Member Contributions Member Contributions and Discussions

Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thumbs up Sartin Video Seminar (1998) - Discussion, Troubleshooting

It seems that we have some of the audio for this, but does anyone have these older video's, probally on VCR Tapes , most likely.
Attached Images

pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

1 more thing, sorry

This is from FU 74 and was wondering about making this available if out there, but is there a computerized Wager Decision Form out there, and about the making of record keeping and I missed this, surely it must have been phased out.??
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
It seems that we have some of the audio for this, but does anyone have these older video's, probally on VCR Tapes , most likely.
Here you go: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...newpost&t=7975 A member wants to sell his videos.

Also, I have these myself, have digitized them (a few years ago) but never got around to posting them in the Library. Partly concerned over file size (several gigabytes), and need to break them down into smaller chunks.

If anyone has some video editing software - and time - to clean these up, I could post them in the Sartin Library Video Forum.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
This is from FU 74 and was wondering about making this available if out there, but is there a computerized Wager Decision Form out there, and about the making of record keeping and I missed this, surely it must have been phased out.??
Something like the Wager Decision Form could be a screen in the future RDSS 2.1 record keeping module (Spring 2012?) Integrated record keeping (profiles, models, wager records, research) has sort of been a holy grail of mine for some time, and is quite doable. But, so many possibilities, so few programmers ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank you Ted

Right now I am stuck in a Snow storm just outside Omaha, I guess I could learn some programming skills if ya need some help, lol, no I thought Doc had already did something that could be used now, especially the WDF, as it seems vital to helping you re-look at what you are doing and has been a great learning yool to go back and see how I can improve myself.

So much to do Ted , and yet you have done so much already, thank you. I will practice my patience for Spring edition, thanks.

Patrick

Did anyone actually have this computerized WDF Doc discusses, it must have been in DOS form maybe, no?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man

Been there

Hi Patrick
I wonder if you ever got my reply to that PM you sent me

No Doc and Guy Wadsworth had something with Synthesis
that recorded your 20 race cycles by price and tier lever
It was ok but nothing more that you could do with the paper WDF or a spread sheet today

Basically after the race was run as long as you had gone to the
BLBL screen you would be able to record automatically ? your DWF. You pushed a button and a screen would pop up
asking for the win place and show horse number and payouts.
You had to type in these numbers

Then when you hit enter, The numbers you entered would be added to a built in 20 race wager decision form
When you were complete you could print it out and then you were asked to
circle your winners and send Doc a copy for review.
I sent a few of them but found it was just as easy to do by hand The good part of the program was it filled in the ranks of the Primary
and Supplemental corollaries
The program was called Synthesis SMT
but the original Validator came out right after STM
and the auto WDF was never a part of Validator
I have the program but its obsolete because of the equibase
speed rating changes in Feb 2006

Last edited by Bill V.; 12-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thanks Bill

I am sorry for the confusion but everytime I re-read the follow-ups and see this or that and think , Man that would be awesome and would be very helpful to me , as we all know how important practice and more practice and evalaution of your work is needed.

While the models we got from RDSS are nice , they are also way too much info for me and until I get my EXCELL skills better tuned I am hesitant about it, but did use it for Saratoga and some of Monmoth this past summer and found a few gems in doing so, so that proves to me the need for something to help me look back upon my capping to see where I can improve, whether it be pass or play or maybe wager decision making, as I feel my PL selcetion process is awesome and I have a great feel for it, it seems to come to me natrually , but that leaves other area's to work on, and the follow ups will help, as well as practice and practice and ....

Thank Bill

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 12-04-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Update, i now have the video seminar's, on dvd

Quote:
Thanks to another member here I recently purchased these video seminars, all three of them and had another member help me convert them to DVD's, if you are interested in them please contact me, there are also workbooks in pdf Form.

Thanks to those who helped me get and convert them.

Patrick
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Patrick, and everyone,

Just letting it be known that Patrick provided me with copies of the DVDs he had created and these are much better copies than the ones I made a few years ago from my video tapes. I need to compress the files somewhat and break them into smaller chunks (there are 11 Gb of video, ~ 6 hours!).

If anyone has some video editing software to help with this task and would like to work on this project, please let me know and I will make the original digital video files from Patrick's DVDs available.

Thanks to Patrick and to Atlasaxis for their work on bringing this 1998 video seminar forward to the 21st digital century! Also, thanks to lsosa54 (Lou S) for the work he did a few years ago digitizing the accompanying workbooks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Announcing the Sartin Methodology Today Video Seminar - (1998), in the new Video Forum of the Sartin Methodology Library:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8143

Note: you need to be a registered member of Pace and Cap to watch these. Registration is FREE. These videos are an excellent way to get an orientation to what the Sartin Methodology is all about.

Ted

R
DSS -