Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Giahorse
OC

How to hide?

Reading all the FU I read a lot about hiding a low odds horse so that it changes the read outs, if in rdss you don't give a horse a line our check the itm only box it doesn't change any of the readouts ,I mean it doesn't move a horses number up, if a horse was a 4 lpr it says a four,

Is there a way to hide a horse so it takes it out she moves and or changes the horses below it numbers, maybe scratching it from the entries screen?

If anyone can help please let me know

Thanks

Gia
Old 10-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giahorse View Post
Reading all the FU I read a lot about hiding a low odds horse so that it changes the read outs, if in rdss you don't give a horse a line our check the itm only box it doesn't change any of the readouts ,I mean it doesn't move a horses number up, if a horse was a 4 lpr it says a four,

Is there a way to hide a horse so it takes it out she moves and or changes the horses below it numbers, maybe scratching it from the entries screen?

If anyone can help please let me know

Thanks

Gia
In RDSS, we 'hide in plain sight'. There are 'groups' in the Analysis panel Tabs - Primary Contenders, Secondary (In the money) Contenders and Non-Contenders. Initially, all horses are in the Primary group (no groups appear). Move a horse (a chosen paceline) to the Secondary group by right clicking on the checkbox at left in the Analysis panel (any tab screen), OR with a paceline selected for a horse, check the ITM box in the horse's header, OR in the horses's PP panels (any tab screen) right-click the check box at left to add it specifically to the Secondary Contender group in the Analysis panel. A horse is in the Non-contender group by selecting a line for it and removing the check from both the Win and ITM check boxes of the horse header section.

Groups are ranked independently. If a horse is in the Secondary or Non-Contender group, the rankings in the Primary group do not include it. Their ranking in the Secondary or Non-Contender groups are the rankings they would have had if they had been in the Primary group.

Thus, you can 'hide' a horse from win but still see it in Secondary (and see the tote odds) - and see how the remaining Primary horses rank without a given horse (e.g. a vulnerable favourite you want to downgrade).

Still, counter to the advice of Dr Sartin, I myself never move a true contender to the Secondary group just because of low odds, and to see what the others wold look like without it (thought moving it back and forth between groups is a quick way to see that). You can see well enough, IMO, who would be the best bets on your BLBL line sort without removing valid low-odds contenders.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Giahorse
OC

Thanks Ted
Old 10-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
dirty moose
Grade 1

Ted I do notice something with the "groups"; when I make a horse a non contender the horse remains with the main group. Check out my screen shot.

Name:  Groups.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  177.6 KB
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi Dirty Moose. If you hover your mouse over the '-' to the left of the 'non-contenders, you will see come up 'show or hide'. Click on that and your non-contenders will be hidden, but can be brought back if you need to by clicking on the '-' again.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
dirty moose
Grade 1

Hey Barb, I meant the rankings. They are still group ranked.
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote