Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
fastcharlie55
AlwNW2X

Horses Weight

Interesting article on using horses weight in handicapping.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...se-weight-plan
fastcharlie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
babuboy
AlwNW1X

Hello,

This is an interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I have heard racegoers explain away wins and losses 'after' the race by citing the body weight of the horse.

A recent example is from Indian racing (under the section at the end called "Bulky Problem") at https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/co...w/65329346.cms.

I have not analyzed the measurable impact or determine any winning formula looking at just Body Weight related factors. Has anyone on this forum been able to crack this factor?

I prepared the Body Weight data for Hong Kong races for the last three seasons (representing 2384 races) and 29,430 runners in the attached 3 spreadsheets ( had to break them up as I was running into file size limits).

Here is a description of the data in the files. I would be happy to update these to include any other factor that someone may be interested in to answer this question.

RACE_DATE --- Date of Race
RACEREF --- Race Number. 35 signifies the 2015-16 Season, 36 =2016-2017 37=2017-18 season
HORSE --- Name of the Horse
DISTANCE --- Distance the horse is running in
CLASS_CD --- Class
RANK --- Rank in the race
N_CLOSING_ODDS --- Dividend for $10 (includes the original $10 bet)
NET_ODDS --- Net Odds
HORSE_BODY_WEIGHT --- Body weight of the horse in today's race
PREV_HORSE_BODY_WEIGHT --- Body weight of the horse in the immediately preceding race
SIG_LR_CHANGE_IN_BODY_WEIGHT --- Change in Body weight from the Last race
SIG_LR_PERC_CHANGE_IN_BODY_WEIGHT --- Percentage change in Body weight from the Last race
AVG_HORSE_BODY_WEIGHT --- Average Body weight of the horse from prior run going back to ~ July 2015
SIG_CHANGE_IN_BW_FROM_AVG --- Change in Body weight from the above Average
SIG_PERC_CHANGE_IN_BW_FROM_AVG --- Percentage change in Body weight from the above Average
AVG_WINNING_BODY_WEIGHT --- Average Winning Body weight of the horse (if and when it won) from prior run going back to ~ July 2015
SIG_CHANGE_IN_BW_FROM_WIN --- Change in Body weight from the above Average Winning Body weight
SIG_PERC_CHANGE_IN_BW_FROM_WIN --- Percentage change in Body weight from the above Average Winning Body weight

Regards

--Sohil Patel
babuboy is offline   Reply With Quote