Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 08-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Suggestions Box

Please post any suggestions for RDSS behaviours, from small nuances to major modules. Please be specific!

I can't offer any guarantee that the Suggestion will be put into the software, or a time frame or even in the first public release. The best Suggestions will be those which benefit the MOST users.

All comments welcomed!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

FTS horses should appear in the Analysis screen

FTS horses should appear in the Analysis screens so we can see their Workout and Work Rank fitness, Morning Line Odds, ProfitLine and live odds and Tote Xray info.

So we don't forget about them!

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 09-10-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Analysis Screens - change mouse-click behavior

Swap left- and right-mouse click behavior: left-click anywhere on the line moves a horse to Secondary Group (currently right-click on Checkbox does this).

Left-click anywhere on a horse's line in the Secondary Group moves it back to the Primary Group.

Right-click on the Checkbox in the Secondary Group moves the line to the Non-Contender Group.

Left-click on the Checkbox in the Non-Contender Group moves it back to Primary.

Right-click on the Checkbox in Primary Group should be reserved for future behavior (e.g. editing the raw times on the Original Screen -- Matchup Voodoo!)

In general, all horses who have pacelines should appear in the Analysis screens. If you really don't want to see some horses in Analysis, uncheck their paceline on the horse screen. (Or maybe a bulk 'move' or 'remove' button in the Group header).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
The Pook
Grade 1

I noticed the slightly altered data centre with unopen tracks at the bottom of the list. Much better.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
mick
Abiding Student

Pace Projection buttons on other screens

I would suggest adding Pace Projection buttons to the Adjusted screen and perhaps the TPR screen. I do my projections from those screens and not from the "Original" screen because IMHO the projections are more accurate.

RDSS does all of that great adjusting and equalizing for us and it seems a shame not to be fully utilizing all of that adjusted/equalized data on those screens.

"Fully utilizing" isn't the right term. What I have to do is make notes with a pencil and paper because the program doesn't capture pace projections on those screens.

mick

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Horse's splits on Adjusted screen

Hi, Ted. As you can probably tell, I'm cleaning out the attic.

I would like to have a toggle on the Adjusted screen to display the incremental splits of each horse with beaten lengths factored in. This would be particularly helpful in turf routes where the third fraction is often decisive.

I've tried using FPS but that doesn't paint the mental picture for me.

Okay, I'll stop now. You're on a semi-sabbatical in Southern California and I feel like I'm harassing you.

mick

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
gandalf380
Grade 1

Sw%

I really love the %PW calculation on the tote screen. It has improved my bottom line at SAR tremendously. I am wondering if the same thing can be done for %SW. I don't know if it has any benefit to betting but it would make it possible to apply Ziemba style analysis to both place and show.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
raceman5
Grade 1

Rx

I would just like to see just RX not RX 1-2-3. Just a combo of the 3. Clicking on any of these numbers can change the rankings on the screen. Less decisions we have to make the better.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Not that major at all but:

Perhaps a "blip" above the workout form pattern abbreviation when you hover over it explaining what the abbreviation is, just like holding the mouse over a stakes race.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #10
jscammer69
AlwNW1X

First of all, I love the fact that I no longer have to change the date on my computer to go back and look at old races. What a huge improvement. Now to what I would like to see:

1. All the calls for positions and beaten lengths plus all the calls for times that the Daily Racing Form publishes, or the ability to print this out (Can you print pacelines out?). This is for matching purposes especially when a race goes over a mile since the first call position and lengths is at the half mile, but we do not know where the horse was at the quarter mile. Then when you get over a mile and an eighth you don't get any quarter mile info. I realize this is not necessary for the Sartin aspect of the program but it is invaluable for "The Hat".

2. Like Mick states, I would also like the ability to select pace projection times to analyze in the adjusted screen, especially when looking at tracks such as Calder and Gulfstream with the pace differences between tracks.

3. In addition to #2 above, I would like pace projected times to match for races in the original pacelines screen going between 8 furlong and 9 furlong races. In other words, when I select the first call time for an 8 furlong race it is the quarter mile time which doesn't compare to the half mile time in a 9 furlong race.

4. The old RDSS2.06 had the ability to change races I was working on easier with the race selection at the bottom of the screen. Unless I am mistaken, now I have to select card summary and then the race.

Thanks for letting us have input!

James
jscammer69 is offline   Reply With Quote