Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Segwin
Grade 1

Apv

Did a search about APV (wanted to know more) and came across this from Ted:

APV and CR (Average Purse Value and Class Rating)

These are now shown on the Entries screen for each race, and on the new Earnings/Stats screen for each horse.
APV shows what percentage a horse’s average competitive (i.e. in-the-money IM) purse value is compared to today’s purse value. Values over 100% mean a horse has raced competitively for purses higher than today’s – under 100% means the converse. One measure of Class.

I'm looking at the card for AQU today and saw the horse in the attached pick.

She has an APV of 93. If I'm reading the pp right she has been competitive in purses lower than today's race but given the conditions of today's race she is dropping in class. So she is up in purse and dropping in class.

If (not the case in today's race (which btw is the 3rd)) all the rest of the competition were never above OC 16 but with 50K purses would this horse have an advantage or not?

Most of the competition in this race are dropping (for the purse I would imagine).

Attached Images

Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Appy
Grade 1

Hmmm. I knew APV was an abbreviation for Average Purse Value but didn't see the further explanation by Ted. Thanks for showing that Segs. That's another thing I learned today. Love it when that happens.

I had noticed the program selections are heavily influenced by APV and CR ratings, and that result charts prove very often those 2 ratings are definitely worth paying close attention to.

As for your horse having a class advantage in today's race, IMO that should be determined by class ratings of the competition he faces today rather than just the purse amount. If he is the only class dropper then you might give him extra consideration. I know that is something I always look for. But then I'm not (yet) in the top 5% of handicappers either. :lol: