Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 06-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #31
gandalf380
Grade 1

sorting

I came across a problem in sorting for tracks that have two turf courses. They are exported as t and T. Excel cannot distinguish case when sorting. It would be nice if we used T and it. Then there would be no confusion.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #32
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
I came across a problem in sorting for tracks that have two turf courses. They are exported as t and T. Excel cannot distinguish case when sorting. It would be nice if we used T and it. Then there would be no confusion.
Good suggestion Charlie. I'll come up with some future differentiation other than "T" and "t", which are the raw values provided by TrackMaster.

Meanwhile, in Excel, you can do your sort on a virtual column based on this formula (where the 'Surface' Col is Col O as it is in the Excel Export sheet):

=IF(EXACT(LOWER(O1),O1),"it",O1)

This checks the value for Surface in O1 (and in all the rest of the rows, when you copy the formula down to all existing and thus future new rows). If the value is lowercase ("t" is the only lowercase value now that AQU inner surface "d" is no more) then replace it with "it", otherwise use the value that's there (e.g. "T","D","P" or whatever new values may come).

Sorting on the new virtual column will group all rows with Surface = "it" together, distinct from those rows with "T".

If you really want to control that ONLY a lowercase "t" gets converted to "it" (though there are no other lowercase Surface codes), just add an extra term to your IF formula:

=IF(AND(O1="T",EXACT(LOWER(O1),O1)),"it",O1)

Now the formula will only convert to "it" for codes = "T" or "t" (and then only for "t") and NOT for Surface codes = "d","e","f" ... (though these don't exist).

Hope that helps for now!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:16 PM   #33
MJS6916
Grade 1

haven't checked to see if this has been asked already

I like the Excel export feature.

If I may, I'd like to suggest:

when the next master template (probably 5 or 6 ---> not sure)

is available that each running line collected would also have a column

which tells us how many days back from today's event each of them are.

Thank you,
Mike
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS6916 View Post
I like the Excel export feature.

If I may, I'd like to suggest:

when the next master template (probably 5 or 6 ---> not sure)

is available that each running line collected would also have a column

which tells us how many days back from today's event each of them are.

Thank you,
Mike
Mike, thanks for the suggestion!

1. Why (out of curiosity)?

2. The model gives the number of days since the horse's last race (Col L, Layoff), for analysing Layoff patterns. As seen on each Analysis screen (where the days since the selected paceline is not shown).

3. Would you accept the date of the selected paceline? Then you could calculate with your own formula any time-related data which interests you (just like you can create whatever other formulas you like to manipulate the raw output data according to your analysis needs).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #35
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Export Ideas

I've been thinking a little about this recently as it happens. I'll throw my half baked ideas into the ring.

As is, the Excel export is geared towards race analysis. From the perspective of an individual horse it might be an idea to add an additional export button or box to tick for individual horse format.

Ideas for individual horse 10 line export.
1st section replicates the original screen, at least up to the Finish Position column. Also the workout, trip tabs and top section earnings/win% box and standard horse data.

This would allow anyone to conduct basic form analysis in Excel, perhaps somewhere when RDSS isn't available to them, but Excel is.
If it's easier, this could be added to the end of the current export. This would avoid any wholesale changes to existing spreadsheets used to extrapolate data.

Personally, I would find it a great benefit to have the basic horse data as a part of the excel export. Hopefully others think so to.
Hopefully too it isn't too onerous a task to add.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #36
papajohn3times
Grade 1

Hi Ted
I know this probably won't fly,but I would like to someway be able to do the ACTUAL. % medium,not what the winner had in his last line I used. Even a small added feature to free of even a small extra little downloadable like Doc used to sell. I for one would pay whatever you thought was appropriate for your time and effort!

Stay safe and enjoy!

Papa John

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-11-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Removed off-topic editorial
papajohn3times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 AM   #37
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn3times View Post
Hi Ted
I know this probably won't fly,but I would like to someway be able to do the ACTUAL. % medium,not what the winner had in his last line I used. Even a small added feature to free of even a small extra little downloadable like Doc used to sell. I for one would pay whatever you thought was appropriate for your time and effort!

Stay safe and enjoy!

Papa John
Please elaborate. What is "the ACTUAL % median”?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #38
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

On my wish list I would like to see that where ever the ESP (by % Med) not the visual RS that it be able to be sorted from either E to L and L to E.

This would allow me to interpret the readouts by ESP or segmented to determine who the best is in each category such as best of the E's(E,Ep & P) and S types such as Sp, S, & L ) by readouts etc. This was a recommendation put forth by Tom Brohamer as how to view races for more clarity and understanding. I do this mentally but its a pain.

As an E.g. on the Analysis screen if one clicks on the Velocity- POH tab the visual RS can be sorted but not the ESP style or % Med computer style. They both are used by different users and both options should be available.

In advance, thanks for your consideration.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #39
MJS6916
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Mike, thanks for the suggestion!

1. Why (out of curiosity)?

2. The model gives the number of days since the horse's last race (Col L, Layoff), for analysing Layoff patterns. As seen on each Analysis screen (where the days since the selected paceline is not shown).

3. Would you accept the date of the selected paceline? Then you could calculate with your own formula any time-related data which interests you (just like you can create whatever other formulas you like to manipulate the raw output data according to your analysis needs).

Ted
to answer 1:

I believe there may be a distinction between lines 3+ that may be less than 100 days ago as opposed to 200+ days ago.

to answer 3:

the date of the paceline would be helpful, if days before today's event can't be done.

Overall if I'm going back 4 or more lines, I think the date of that paceline would complete the picture for me,

while saving time from toggling back & forth from screen to screen, etc.
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #40
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Hi Ted,

On my wish list I would like to see that where ever the ESP (by % Med) not the visual RS that it be able to be sorted from either E to L and L to E.

This would allow me to interpret the readouts by ESP or segmented to determine who the best is in each category such as best of the E's(E,Ep & P) and S types such as Sp, S, & L ) by readouts etc. This was a recommendation put forth by Tom Brohamer as how to view races for more clarity and understanding. I do this mentally but its a pain.

As an E.g. on the Analysis screen if one clicks on the Velocity- POH tab the visual RS can be sorted but not the ESP style or % Med computer style. They both are used by different users and both options should be available.

In advance, thanks for your consideration.

Mitch44

Done! As soon as I can get an update out Thanks for the idea!

Name:  med.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  208.1 KB

R
DSS -