Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum > Welcome to the Sartin Methodology
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Welcome to the Sartin Methodology New members: introduce yourselves! Ask about how to get started, get pointers in the right direction.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
kpmats10
AlwNW2X

Greetings -

A few years ago, I read Brohamer's MPH and quickly became an advocate of the methodology into my handicapping. I found that making decision models and making track profiles lead to finding nicer priced horses that the public was missing. After trying a few different programs to work the math, eventually I found an old copy of the DOS MPH program on ebay and purchased it. I've used it in my handicapping ever since. I find it easy to use, allows for manual entry of pacelines (which saves money on data files) and organizes the data nicely.

I took a forced sabbatical from horse racing for a few years to finish college and the workforce pretty much kept me out of things for a bit, until recently when I had more time and money to devote to the races. This year, the first three months were OK, wasn't bleeding and hitting some decent priced tickets after I focused on new wagering strategies. I focused mainly on win and place betting and doubles and pick 3's, eliminating exactas and trifectas. Since April, I've been in a funk I cannot shake and it's very disheartening. This Belmont meet has been my worst ever, a track I rarely struggle at for long periods of time.

I'm currently going back to basics, including rereading handicapping books. Currently, I recently started MPH again for a refresher.

I'd like to expand my knowledge and use of the methodology. I'm also interested in applications of track to track adjustments. I have pars from two different sources at my disposal. I began making adjustments several years ago and found them to be quite useful.

I'm also very interested in making homemade pace and speed figures Quirin style with the pace pars.

Thanks for listening, look forward to talking.
kpmats10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
Jeebs
Grade 1

Welcome aboard Kpmats! You will enjoy this group!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
mowens33
Grade 1

kpmats, welcome aboard!

I'v been with this group for about a year and a half and you couldn't ask for a better group of Sartin/Matchup handicappers!! I've learned so much from this group (my background was dog racing handicapping)!!

Fell free to join as in the Matchup races that are posted weekly, its a great way to learn and have some fun (hopefully make some money) at the same time!!!

Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

Welcome aboard KPMats.
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

Welcome kpmats10, you have found a terrific site. Especially since you have a interest in pace. There is a lot of great information on this site such as from the library and the Follow Ups . Their loaded with pace factors etc.

The RDSS program here is geared to pace and contains all of MPH stuff and all of Sartin's proven factors and formulas. A great bargain that will automate much of what your looking for.

The "Doc" ( Sartin) didn't believe in pars and believed the horses in the race created the pars for that race. The big problem with commercial pars is when you get them their already outdated. Additionally tracks resurface and make changes making all those previous pars and data useless. Ie. this year Woodbine installed a new surface along with SA & Delmar.
Best of luck,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote