Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum > Welcome to the Sartin Methodology
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Welcome to the Sartin Methodology New members: introduce yourselves! Ask about how to get started, get pointers in the right direction.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #21
dlivery
Grade 1

Talking Welcome to rdss

Hi

As to your pen and paper remark we have all used the drf at some time and I would say some still use for other uses. For myself my use of the drf is the security of using it as reference or security blanket when entering pace lines. For sure other members have their own use for the drf.

I am still very new to this and fairly a regular weekend handicapper and from some of the higher ups in the methodology we are using these figures and slicing and dicing into finer measurements and I must say from the inner workings it sure works when you using the programe and following whats winning for you

Nice to have you come on board it will be very interesting as you will see

Dlivery
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by holloway View Post
I've been a member for a few weeks and not only wanted to say hello, but say WOW...what a huge collection of information. I have never owned or used any handicapping software..still using pen and the drf. Maybe one of these days i will join the 'now' generation.

The only Sartin experience is in reading Modern Pace Handicapping and then reconfiguring ( roughly, not exactly ) it into the methods i grew up with. I guess you can say, like many, my handicapping methods have morphed over the years to include all of the good ideas i have read and practiced. I joined this forum to increase my knowledge and hopefully become an even better handicapper. If anyone is wondering, my forum name is from my mentor.. Lou Holloway...started with and still use his basic principles...and have always used his money management plan..only time it ever crapped out on me was when i used it playing blackjack. It wasnt the plans fault, it was my rotten blackjack playing
Hey holloway,

Welcome to the neighbourhood and thanks for the intro! Money management seems to be a topic of some current interest here (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...newpost&t=7152). If you have anything you care to share about Lou Holloway's money management approach (or your take on it), feel free to share a few words (perhaps in that other Topic).

Regardless, hope you find lots of new ideas here, and make some friends!

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #23
holloway
AlwNW1X

Thank you for the welcome...and i will try to add anything helpful that i can in the money management thread.
holloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #24
mrhug
Grade 3

New and hungry for direction

Been wondering around for a couple years, hope I have found a true home for real learning. I noticed there is a ton of information here as far as the manuals are concerned. I need a little help about which information I need to be reading and in what order.
Thanks
Melvin
mrhug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #25
barb craven
Grade 1

Welcome Melvin.
I would read Followups from #70 on to start and listen to the audios and visuals in the library and if you are interested in using RDSS go to that site and look at the videos and seminars. That should keep you busy for a while. Ask any questions you have and I'm sure someone will be able to answer them in detail.
Barb
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #26
mrhug
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Welcome Melvin.
I would read Followups from #70 on to start and listen to the audios and visuals in the library and if you are interested in using RDSS go to that site and look at the videos and seminars. That should keep you busy for a while. Ask any questions you have and I'm sure someone will be able to answer them in detail.
Barb
Barb
Thanks. Are there anywhere on the site that shows the handicapping techniques shown in the book The Match Up 2, or is there anyone who can explain it to me? I see that the book is not available.
Thanks Again
mrhug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #27
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhug View Post
Barb
Thanks. Are there anywhere on the site that shows the handicapping techniques shown in the book The Match Up 2, or is there anyone who can explain it to me? I see that the book is not available.
Thanks Again
Hi Melvin, and welcome to Pace and Cap.

Indeed there is information on the Match Up 2 techniques. There is an entire Forum devoted to that - The Hat Check Forum (The Match Up): http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

There is another Forum (Matchers) where folks who are expert practitioners in that approach discuss things and can answer your questions: http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Good luck, best wishes!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

New(ish) Member

Hello all,

One or two of you may remember my name as a member, although probably not as I didn't really post too much. After joining I got sidetracked somewhat by other issues, but I've now decided to commit myself fully to learning the Sartin Methodology & The Match Up.

I've read the POW manual on more than one occasion already.

I'm now going to start with the Yellow Manual.

As an Englishman hopefully I may seek clarification on terminology used and also seek clarification on issues within the body of work should I be confused. I shall of course ask all of my questions in the adult ego state & if not maybe anyone considering a reply might ask me to rephase.

I'm aware that there are some programs available, but I was thinking in terms of doing my own thing in excel. My aim is to get as close a feel for the data as possible, until I am one with the methodology. I'm in a position where I have the time to dedicate to studying the methodology and setting up spreadsheets & with the economy the way it is, it's a good job too!

Anyway, I've probably gone on too long now, but shall be back to discuss the methodology asap.

Thanks.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Bill V.
The egg man

Dave

Code:
I've read the POW manual on more than one occasion already.
That is a great winning decision.

You will do fine
welcome
Bill V.
Atlanta Ga.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #30
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thank you Bill.

It is really refreshing to see the way this forum supports each other.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote