Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
mikesal57
Grade 1

Thistledown Race 5 July 6

Hello again..

just looking at a few races today and this one caught my eye..

Its half match-up and half intuition..and since this is my favorite thread..its going here

ok...speed horse??? hmmm not really any ..maybe the 7 but he likes to hang

look at the 9....2nd race off which looks like a private purchase by Madrigal connections..last race in slop...close to a 22.2 46.1 pace which no horse can attempt....philly race jan 3 , wired them....

win bet on the #9...since m/l says 6-1

gl

mike
Attached Images
File Type: pdf winstar_farm_llc_154753.pdf (134.3 KB, 713 views)
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

Just gotta laugh this day off...

It started by me playing the first race at Philly..

I had an hour before I was going to work...

I played the 4 1/2 fur baby race for fun ....I bet the #3

gate opens...the 2 & 3 from the inside jumps out to the lead..but wheres the rest of the field??? Who cares the camera is on the 2 leaders....the 3 is fighting the 2 all the way around the track...then pulls away to win by a lentgh..I had a big smile on cause he went off at 9/2...nice

I capped the 2nd and placed a bet on the 7....now I have about 25 mins to post...so I washed and got dressed for work....I put the TV back on at post time...and I saw that there was 15 mins to post...I said WTF...Then I saw at the bottom that the Philly results for the 1st race was all zeros....my mouth dropped and then I had to go to work..

So after work .about 11:45 , I watched the 5th at Thistledown...the start of the replay had the odds board showing and the 9 was the favorite ...I said crap...then the gate opens and I saw the 9 was all washed out on the neck and replied crap again...but I thought he had a chance running 3rd ..but then faded...and who wins ...my other choice #7 and he was 3-1...crap again..if I was home , maybe I would have bet differently...

Went to sleep after that..

When I got up this morning I remembered that I bet the 2nd at Philly...nice...another chance for me....so I started the replay , watching the horses line up...counting 1,2,3,4,5,6,8...????...#7 is out..

At least I got my money back on that one...

So...now I'm smiling and just shaking my head...

but its another day today and I'm OFF

mike