Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2023
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2023 Join us again at the annual Saratoga Sartin Meetup Aug 18-20!

Old 04-08-2023, 12:20 PM   #11
Bob Cochran
Grade 1

Smile First return to Saratoga since 1989

Hello Ted. I shall attempt to attend the 2023 gathering at Saratoga for
Pace n Cap. Wanda and i have fond memories of the Pirco Saratoga meetings. Regretfully, due to her illness, she cannot attend. I will let you
know for certain ,this summer.
Looking forward to seeing you and your Mom in person.
continued success with the work you have done with the Sartin Methodology.
sincerely,
Bob Cochran
Bob Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:47 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bob, it would be so great to finally meet you after all these years! Hopefully lots of stories about the early days. Please keep me posted on your plans.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:49 PM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I have a lot of photos of Saratoga. Here are just a few from August 2017. Our friend Bill Ziemba (aka Dr. Z) who bet more on a race than I bet in a month. At Tom Morley's barn to see Bill's new filly. I was with Lt. Tim who was such a good sport because it had been a long day and we were tired and wanted to get back to the Desmond. Bill never seemed to run out of energy. And Chad Brown who was friendly while Mr. Pletcher was not. I was surprised that Kenny McPeek actually remembered me from a bar in Lexington. I was in the saddling area because of Charlie's credentials. Thank you, Charlie.

Mick - thanks for all these memorable images! Ready to make some new ones

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-23-2023, 01:38 PM   #14
mowens33
Grade 1

Ted count me in for Friday and Saterday.

Thanks, Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #15
Jimmy R
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy R View Post
Happy to see this as the 18th is my birthday and I've celebrated it at the Spa before...though it's been 15+ years. My wife & I are a maybe/probable. We'll know better in about a month.

All the best

JimmyR
Tim - I just found out my parents are going to be in town this weekend...I'll be there in spirit.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I just purchased our tables and tickets for the 4-Star Dave Sport Bar.

We have tables of 4 (previous tables of 6 were unavailable). So, we have 3 tables accommodating 12 people on Friday and Saturday and 2 tables accommodating 8 people on Sunday. Based on interest expressed so far.

The costs this year are higher than previously:

Friday and Sunday = $108 per table / 4 = $30 each
Saturday (Alabama Stakes day) = $144 / 4 = $40 each.

Note: it's true, I am collecting a little bit extra for each table - to cover NYRA processing costs to me and to help cover any unclaimed or no-show seats.

I need to collect funds in advance this year, please see this later post: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=20

A reminder - if you're planning on joining us and haven't let me know or posted here, sooner than later would be a good time to get in on a table! The above seating covers a bit more than who has signed up so far, but not many additional tables were left on Friday and Saturday.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-06-2023 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2023, 09:30 PM   #17
AwesomeAgain
AlwNW1X

Ray and I will be there! Save Us two seats.
AwesomeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #18
CheckMark
Conley

Unfortunately, I will pass on this year's group meeting at Saratoga as I am heading off to school/college in September for my Broadcast-Radio program (2yr) and around this time, you guys/girls are going, it would be the time I would be packing for school.

Very sorry to Ted and everyone else. I will most definitely try next year!

And if you need any input on the days you are there, I can do a Zoom call or send the group my selections, as I will be covering Saratoga for another year!

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
Old 06-06-2023, 06:15 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here is the Saratoga 2023 Meetup attendee list as of today June 6, 2023.

Attendance List updated - please see further below.

The tables are almost full (full on Sunday, give or take a 'plus 1'). Friday has 2 seats left, and Saturday 1 seat left.

No more tables can be purchased in the 4-Star Dave Restaurant for Friday or Saturday, but it might be possible for Sunday.

It is possible there might be an extra seat if needed, depending on Charlie B's +1 (Missy B).

If someone is not on the list who thinks they have asked me about it one way or the other, please contact me ASAP to claim a remaining spot.

If anyone doesn't intend to be there on a given day (i.e. NOT all 3 days, as shown), please let me know ASAP!

If I get any corrections to the above list, I'll update it.

If anyone wants to go on the Wait List, please let me know.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-09-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:35 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation

Folks, because I have paid NYRA near US$1000 for these seats (more in Canadian pesos ) and I am collecting the seating fees in advance this year, thanks.

Please add up the costs for the number of days and seats you are reserving and send me either a personal check by mail, or by PayPal to tlc@museful.com.

Friday and Sunday = $30 each
Saturday (Alabama Stakes day) = $40 each.

If sending a check by mail, please email or PM me to get the mailing address. If sending by PayPal, please, please please: send it in US dollars NOT in Canadian dollars. When you send money by PayPal, you get to choose the currency. Because I live in Canada, PayPal will default to Canadian dollars and you must change it to US dollars. If I receive Canadian dollars, I will decline it, it will be returned to you, and you'll have to try again to send US dollars. Thanks for checking this before sending!

Here is a picture of what you need to do in PayPal to send US Dollars (USD) rather than the default which will likely be presented to you in Canadian dollars (CAD). When you type in the amount of money to send, change the currency to USD -

Name:  paypal usd.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  23.7 KB

If by unforeseen circumstances you cannot attend the number of days you paid for, if someone else can use your seat, I'll refund your payment. Otherwise, well, I already paid for the seats

This year, the tickets also get you in the front gate for general and clubhouse admission. When I receive your payment, I will email you a PDF file containing your ticket/s.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-26-2023 at 06:55 PM.